B2G Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2016-08-02
- Host: Ben Francis
- Notes copied to the wiki each week B2G/Meeting
- Meeting time: Tuesday, 9am Pacific / 4pm UTC
- Ben Francis
- Merging of pine and kanikani done ! https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/merging-status/9978/
Jovan: Getting the Clock app ready - waiting on review from Ben moving the camera app to apps/
- biggest problem seems to be localStorage. LocalStorage is not available under chrome://. Right now I'm working with asyncStorage, any suggestions?
- Ask the platform team if there is a reason for no localStorage
fixing the home button - can't see it and problems with orientation locking
- Novski still working on Fairphone 2 - trying to build with the new merged system
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS text refined (a bit) + link to B2G installer doc
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/B2G_OS/Building_and_installing_B2G_OS/Compatible_Devices updated with Wileyfox Swift info + link to B2G Installer doc
- Updated build instructions docs after the merge
- B2G OS main Italian translation page bug fixed & contributors started translating
- Already ~3 months - time for a council meeting ?
- Interesting link: https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/governance-working-group/8177/69 (bootstrapping a bossless organisation in 3 easy steps) about governance and bossless organizations
Can either fix marionette or create a new testing harness
- 2-4 months to fix marionette
- longer to implement a new testing harness
- Gabby willing to help, but need a way to flash Flame and Aries devices from Windows
- ping auswerk for advice on test harness?
- ping gerard-majax for advice on getting flashing addon to work in Windows?
- ping gerard-majax about base build?
charja13 and gaby2300 working on this subject. Topic on discourse : https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/b2g-qa-information/9661/
- quote: All tests working on Marionette > none of the tests setups will work unless we fix marionette as both mochitests and xpcshell depend on marionette to run.
- Request to devs: please write your code with tests in mind ;)
- Market research - COMPLETE
- Prototype - COMPLETE
- Survey - COMPLETE (749 responses)
- User interviews - COMPLETE (7 participants)
- Results will be presented to the Product Innovation Board tomorrow (3rd August)
Jamie is working on the camera app - going to try and build as web app using WebRTC
- sixviz is also working on the camera app (https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/t/camera-app/9723/ )
Anyone tried building from http://github.com/cm-b2g ?