This is a page to collect good examples of commonly used responses to newly filed bugs. This is especially useful for new bugmasters who are responding to unconfirmed bug reports, especially for responses asking for more info from the reporters. Use the need info flag to suggest further actions or to elicit more information such as crash reports, urls, or test cases. It is good practice to thank the bug reporter -- we appreciate that they took the time to create a Bugzilla account and file the bug.
Questions for the bug's reporter
Here are some sample responses that ask the reporter for more information.
- Can you provide a url that shows or causes this problem?
- Could you attach screenshots that show the bug?
- Could you try this with a new profile in Firefox Safe Mode?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode This can help us to know whether the issue is a bug in Firefox or in an extension or plugin. Thanks!
- Which version of Firefox is showing this problem, and on which operating system?
- Can you try a Nightly build to see if the problem is in the latest developer version? (http://nightly.mozilla.org) Thanks!
- If the bug mentions a crash:
- Can you provide the crash ID from about:crashes? It may be helpful to follow the steps on http://support.mozilla.com/kb/Firefox%20crashes and report back here. Thanks!
- If the bug mentions a memory leak:
- Could you attach the output of about:memory?
- Please enter the address "about:memory?verbose" (with a lower-case "v") in the address bar and attach the output here, using the "Add an attachment" link above.
- For hangs:
- Could you please sample the Firefox process while it's unresponsive and attach the results to this bug?
- (Mac only) If you open the OS X Activity Monitor app (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor) and find Firefox in the list, you can highlight it and click the Sample Process button in the toolbar.
- SUPPORT ISSUES Thank you for reporting this in Bugzilla, but it does not appear to be a bug. Please try our support forums at http://www.bugzilla.org/support/
- DEVELOPER IRC OR MAILING LISTS
Common answers by product
- Firefox for Android
Thanks but closing
- Thanks for reporting this issue! It looks like this is a duplicate for XXXXXX. Please add any further information you have with this issue on XXXXXX. Thanks!
- Thanks for reporting this issue, but we are closing the bug since no further information has been provided. Please feel free to reopen this report if you can provide the information asked for and if this still happens in a recent and supported version. (CLOSED/INCOMPLETE)