Calendar:QA Chat:2008-08-07:Log

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[18:30] <mschroeder> hi Andreas
[18:30] <Andreas> Hi Martin
[18:32] <mschroeder> okay, let's start the qa chat
[18:33] <mschroeder> 1. 0.9 status, 2. next testday, 3. anything else
[18:33] <Andreas> Okay
[18:35] <Andreas> the blocker list contains 26 open bugs
[18:35] <mschroeder> yep, we discussed them in yesterday's conf call
[18:37] <Andreas> Yes, I know. 
[18:38] <Andreas> What was the outcome? Should all bugs fixed for 0.9?
[18:38] <mschroeder> yep... that's why they are still blocking... only one bug has been removed
[18:40] <mschroeder> I think CalDAV regression could show up after some fixes got checked in over the last week.
[18:41] <Andreas> Hm, by the way need we more caldav test servers?
[18:41] <bbbrowning> heh. the real regressions are waiting for after we check in the scheduling patch :)
[18:41] <mschroeder> bbbrowning: hehe
[18:42] <bbbrowning> Andreas: I talked to gozer about setting up Apple and Zimbra test caldav servers but he hasn't gotten to it yet
[18:42] <Andreas> Okay
[18:43] <mschroeder> okay, I wanted to write the same. *deletingwrittentext*
[18:43] <mschroeder> Andreas: Have you encountered new bugs while doing Litmus testing (this afternoon)?
[18:44] <Andreas> Only one, dismissing all alarms of an recurring event leads to error console output.
[18:45] <Andreas> I don't kow the bug-id
[18:45] <mschroeder> hm... i've already seen it
[18:46] <mschroeder> Andreas: What server are you using if you test caldav, or do you only wcap? ;)
[18:47] <Andreas> I used mostly the  RSCDS 0.80 server and sometimes Philipps servers
[18:51] <mschroeder> Andreas: they already released 0.9.5 of DAViCal (former RSCDS)
[18:52] <mschroeder> we should compile a list with servers that understand CalDAV
[18:53] <mschroeder> and additionally track which versions work with our latest release and nightlys
[18:53] <Andreas> +1
[18:53] <mschroeder> i'll prepare a wiki page
[18:56] <Andreas> Okay, nice to hear that.
[18:56] <mschroeder> okay. so what should be tested next thursday
[18:56] <mschroeder> already some Sunbird l10n?
[18:56] <MechtiIde> mschroeder, can you post the URL to the wiki-page
[18:58] <mschroeder> MechtiIde: hehe, yes.
[18:58] <Andreas> Sunbird l10n is a good start, I think. There are so many languages available, so we should start with testing so early as possible.
[18:59] <mschroeder> MechtiIde: after creating in.
[18:59] <MechtiIde> are there also planned to have l10n for lightning?
[19:02] <mschroeder> Andreas: okay, time to create a l10n test table on a wiki page :)
[19:02] <Andreas> Mechthilde: Yes, but there is no multilanguage-lightning-xpi available at the moment. 
[19:03] <mschroeder> Andreas: Anything else we should test. Some CalDAV, some calendar views?
[19:03] <Andreas> mschroeder: Sounds good!
[19:05] <Andreas> CalDav is also a good point.
[19:06] <Andreas> Maybe one l10n-testday, and the next one a CalDAV testday?
[19:06] <mschroeder> Do you think l10n testing is for everybody?
[19:06] <Andreas> I think l10n, is a lot of work!
[19:07] <Andreas> Yes, why not. We should use the existing l10n litmus tests.
[19:08] <Andreas> Maybe a link of the wiki page, then everyone could start with testing.
[19:10] <mschroeder> Andreas: okay. can you help with the announcement?
[19:10] <Andreas> Yes, that should be possible.
[19:11] <mschroeder> great.
[19:14] <mschroeder> Andreas: are you going to send me some pieces of text? you don't have to add all the formal stuff.
[19:15] <Andreas> Okay, maybe tomorrow.
[19:15] <mschroeder> Monday is also okay.
[19:15] <mschroeder> Anything else we should talk about?
[19:16] <mschroeder> Andreas: btw thanks for verifying all those fixed bugs. :)
[19:16] <Andreas> Should we start with the next testday next thursday?
[19:17] <mschroeder> yep, if we only do l10n testing because localization won't change anymore until 0.9 release.
[19:18] <Andreas> Okay.
[19:23] <mschroeder> good, then that's the end of the QA chat. :)