- 1 Minutes
Scribed by Thomas
Google Tier 1 experiment - Offline issue (sergiu&oana)
Over the weekend we got 23 new issues. From Monday to Tuesday, we got 3 of them. extensions.gws-and-facebook-chrome-spoof.enabled pref, it seems that if a user sets the pref to FALSE, after an update, it resets to TRUE. (if we want, file a bug with parent bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1453691)
- dennis: Toms patch to unregister the serviceworker does not seem to be a complete solution: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1479209#c49
- dennis: We should probably shim ServiceWorkerContainer.register() with a NOP
- tom: Google tells me they have a likely fix in the works; it's them assuming ReadableStreams support (which we don't have yet) (though we still may want to shim ServiceWorkers off for now)
- tom: It should be fixed. Unclear if that fixes things for users. But they're involved, and that's good news.
- sergiu: I think something happened, because numbers dramatically dropped since yesterday.
- tom: That's good to hear. We may want to re-unregister the ServiceWorker, or permanently prevent the serviceworker from being registered.
- mike: it's an interesting finding, and it's not at all surprising that we'd run into this risk (of not actually implementing all APIs Chrome implements).
- tom: yes, but Google's response implies a desire to support us (they want to know if we will handle Readable/WriteableStreams anytime soon, for instance). So it's a risk we might want to accept for now.
Not for minutes.
FYI Friday Triage (sergiu)
- sergiu: thanky you all for pitching in with the triage work on Friday!
FYI WebIDE not working (sergiu)
- sergiu: WebIDE is not working. It is being tracked here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1480701
- adam: Thanks, it wasn't just me :)
Blipz Update (miketaylr)
- mike: we've met in Berlin with everyone involved in blipz. I can share link to some findings [LINK HERE].
- mike: Blipz is a couple of components: the reporting interface. 10% of the reports were valid, which is not very good.
- mike: 26% of issues were about performance, even though we had no performance category.
- mike: rosana and tim are working on a final report, and that will be something to read. https://metrics.mozilla.com/protected/tdsmith/20180719-blipz_report_draft.html
- mike: we want to work on some better reporting logic. also considering doing UX research around the report form. OI seems to be excited, and as Tom mentioned, we got more resources
- mike: they could work on a feature that displays all issues for a given domain. could be useful for dashboards, and marking issues as dupes.
- mike: we also have the goal to work on a dashboard for top websites: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CpTPAGMrNr1TqfMcSKEsPqQfTxgmUNgYP9-gf5u4VnI/edit#slide=id.g25275a8168_0_142
- mike: :tdsmith is really interested in helping with building this stuff.
- mike: we will have more written reports soon, but if you are curious, go look into the OKRs, there is some information on that.
FYI There is a needsdiagnosis dashboard (miketaylr)
- mike: have a look at it, it's fun. https://webcompat.github.io/webcompat-metrics-client/
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Adam: Compat outreach, enterprise test account outreach, WebVR bugs, block autoplay outreach
- Dennis: Some diagnosis, some triage, some GoFaster, some emails
- Guillaume: (pto)
- Karl: Checked hackmd.io. needsdiagnosis. Dived into UA CSS for forms to try to create a patch for Android to fix the buttonFace issue. Some python "small" code reviews.
- Kate: a little triage, a little bug filing, a lot of flask frustration, getting there on testing, but slooooowly (fixed firefox bug in wordpress)
- Mike: UA string research for WebVR and in general, <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cizvn4wahdfwHUVG_H_Uf15HPBTWyB6GH7j_utHdrKc/edit#heading=h.gzj2auy0m1kh>, boring manager trainings
- Oana: PTO + Started triaging and investigating issues. Worked on some Tracking Protection issues.
- Sergiu: Triaging and investigating issues. Worked on some Tracking Protection issues.
- Thomas: Jeeet lagggg. Also investigating/mitigating the "You're offline" GWS error (bz1479209), other diagnosis, helping nemo aboard the Blipz blimp, and work on XHR/fetch interop fixes (bz1456401, bz1459984, bz1456421, bz1362354, bz1454590, bz1453301, bz1454588, bz1070763).
PTO / Travel ( 🐝 )
- Guillaume: 2018-07-23 to 2018-08-13
- Mike: 2018-08-15 to 2018-08-17 (exciting surgery)
- Thomas: 2018-08-15 to 2018-09-07 (PTO)
- Karl: 2018-10-04 to 2018-10-06 (Paris-Web Conference)