- Update from most recent discovery and patch to reduce leas by peterv.
- Update from graydon on landing bug 368869.
- Update from jst on CC timing code.
- Update from dbaron on debugging tools.
- Discuss next steps.
peterv: Patch (bug 374096 ) was landed today. Leaks dropped from 700k to 6k. Catches most of it, but there's some tuning to due.
jst: Has a patch for CC timing. Will create a bug and attach patch for review. No update on the XPConnect stuff yet.
dbaron: Nothing of interest. Going to do some lower level leak tests. Seeing the usual mess of font config junk.
Status of Pending CC Code in Bugzilla
- Add cycle collection to RDF datasources
- Make XPConnect traverse more JS edges
- Support cycle collection of refcounted non-xpcom objects (aka, the XBL patch)
- Make cycle collection suspect all native wrapper roots
- cycle collector shutdown dump based on known should-have-been-freed objects
- Performance: Boris has filed two bugs (bug 373693 (addref) and bug 373694 (release) ) because of address/release. Need to look at these items. David has been doing some analysis of collection of why he's seeing slow down.
- Collectively look for performance enhancements.
- The tinderbox doesn't show major leaks, but maybe we should go through all the leaks tests.
- Peterv will look at both of the bugs above for next week.
- jst will land the CC timing code (bug 374239).