- status of patches in progress: All we've done in the past week is review peterv patches. We still need to land some of these (basically we are almost in the same spot as last week).
Status of Pending CC Code in Bugzilla
Last week's next steps: Wait for patches (first 4 of 5) to land, then test more:
- Jonas will write a test case to generate cycles via document. STATUS: Not done yet.
- UserData can cause reference cycles Landed
- Support cycle collection of refcounted non-xpcom objects (aka, the XBL patch): in sicking's review queue.
- Switch nsXPConnect::Traverse to use tracing: waiting for some feedback from Igor, and should be ready for review after that.
- using trace API for reference counts: probably want to wait with this until after bug 377884 lands.
- bug 381199: revisit cycle collector aging strategy
Criteria for Performance Satisfactory:
- Double the current GC time.
Next steps on leaks
- Two patches dbaron's review queue.
- After the two patches, we need to have specific test cases and look for leaks.