< Firefox | Planning(Redirected from Firefox/DeliveryMeetings/2009-09-16)
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Firefox Releases
Firefox 3.0.15 / Firefox 3.5.4
- targeting mid-late October release
Firefox 3.0.14 -> 3.5.3 Major Update Offer
- (users of 3.0.14 will be able to upgrade to 3.5.3 as soon as we ship by doing a "check for updates...")
- targeting a major update offer for all users on September 30
- everything is string frozen
- prioritizing blockers to figure out when we can code freeze for beta 1
- pieces of lightweight themes (personas) integration starting to land.
- Curtis blitzing on getting about:support in, to help users work with SUMO/Tech Support. bug 367596
- right now we're potentially drifting into November for a final release due to number of outstanding blockers :(
- string freeze?
- schedule update?
- list of common issues
- Facebook crashes on the rise (probably bug 516780)
- A few people reporting losing buttons/toolbars:  and  which is likely a corrupt localstore.rdf
- Help us solve a mystery: One of the top trending search terms over the past one to two weeks is "allowed sites" (#20) and "allowed list" (#50-something). Neither query shows up in the top 200 for August. Ideas?
as always, you can read the development meeting notes as well, but here are the big items:
- bsmedberg met with Adobe last week about running Flash unit tests on Firefox development builds (part for Electrolysis regression testing)... they have a system (ATS) where we could run the automated plugin testsuite against builds (nightlies or tinderbox builds). Please discuss whether this sounds worthwhile (and who from QA/RelEng would be willing to help make it happen).
- Adobe is also willing to run their extra manual testsuite on alpha/beta/RC builds and would like to be notified of these before we ship them: do we have a release checklist?
- l10n for fennec is skipping b4, targeting b5
- string freeze not done
- no binaries to ship as of now
- need to shift attention to Firefox 3.6 beta
- struggling with VMs setup for dashboard
- 3.6 QA - ongoing feature testing, bug verifications
- Next: New Features Testing for Fx3.6 - Sept 18
- Working on beta4
- Aakash testing trunk and 1.9.2 for Maemo and Winmo on multiple devices/daily.
- Finding lots of regressions as final features are added to beta4
- Looking to do a beta5 as l10n builds are still being figured out
- We have have nightly cab files for 1.9.2 builds (making it easier to install/test) Bug 511662
- Flash plugin is now recognized on 1.9.2 nightly builds Bug 514742
- Testing sites that use flash
- Ongoing bug verification
- Starting on 3.6 planning with marketing
- Docs slowed down - sheppy has been out
- Adobe updates are doing well but a crash has been showing up
- Plugins project
- Les, Morgamic and Austin working on Database Issues (Back end has been delayed one week)
- Front end implemented, waiting on more copy changes
- new schedule (page live before Oct 15th): Website/Sprints/PluginProblem
- Update page is getting about 2200 page views a day
- 66% of page views coming from /upgrade.html
- 20% of page views from personal.html