- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 UX Updates
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- MattN nominates Adam [:hobophobe] for his work on find in page improvements (meta bug: bug 565552)
- mak nominates Roberta for her work on removing an old feature from Storage, that could have been abused by add-ons (bug 865188)
- Still making progress on perf bugs
- MattN and jaws are primarily focused on investigating and fixing the perf bugs, while Gijs, mconley, Unfocused, and mikedeboer are primarily focused on fixing P1 and P2 Australis bugs.
- Posted bi-weekly update to firefox-dev
- All the bugs that are required to complete the API are now assigned
- Remaining blocker: bug 870100, actually using the background service in about:newtab. The patches there are r+'ed but cause lots of orange, so Mark filed bug 892875 to disable the service during non-thumbnail tests, but Dão and Gavin have raised questions about doing that. Discussion in progress.
- Other remaining blockers are ready to land: telemetry (bug 870104) and fixing a private browsing bug that caused an intermittent orange (bug 891169 and bug 893404 together).
- f+ for cutting saveState() into chunks
- fixed sessionstore regression (Fx 25)
- introduced dedicated sessionstore I/O worker
- work on converting sessionstore to Promise.jsm is continuing
Places API asyncification
- Mak fixed regression due to getPlacesInfo API code
- lots of brainstorming ongoing
- Mano working on design of a new async transactions manager
- Mak will investigate smart batches in Places views, needed for async transactions manager
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)
- Traveling for conference and meeting next week, 7/22 to 8/1. Will not be very responsive.
- Security and Privacy principles postcard
- I have some hard copies if you want one, but there will be a website coming soon
- A broader range, more consistent set of permissions doorhanger + icon combos?