- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Major Topics for This Week
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- this week
- backed out bug 776928 on branches due to extension compat concerns (bug 789037)
- put up a WIP for bug 785487
- cleared out some old review requests, triaged several bugs
- filed my first b2gtd bug (bug 817317)
- talked to boriss about some multi-provider UX stuff
- next week
- social multi-provider (again)
- blocked: N/A
- Landed bug 789932 - nsExternalAppHandler downloads files on the main thread.
- Landed bug 700250 - Deprecate synchronous methods to add a visit: remove calls in Places tests
- Feedback on bug 801232 - Support per-window private browsing in the Downloads Panel.
- Continue on download architecture improvements
- Reviews/feedback (minor omitted)
- add_visit deprecation bugs (deps of bug 700250)
- bug 675902 - New Downloads view for Places Library
- bug 737600 - When telemetry is disabled in the pref pane, we should update toolkit.telemetry.rejected
- bug 785487 - "Search service falling back to synchronous initialization" when about:home is loaded before the search bar initialization
- bug 801232 - Support per-window private browsing in the Downloads Panel
- bug 801450 - Can't import bookmarks from Safari-created HTML files
- bug 813833 - Promise-based SQLite interface
- bug 815941 - Remove the usages of nsIDownload.id and nsIDownloadManager.getDownload from the downloads panel code
- bug 816963 - Enable crash reporting in places C++ unit tests
- Telemetry by default
- Help Theo completing the project
- Downloads panel
- More triaging and reviewing
- Will likely be away 10-11 Dec, thus skipping the next meeting
Bugs 566746 and 697377, convert form and search history to be asynchronous. Almost complete, but some tests make extensive use of setTimeout which now causes more intermittent test failures, so I need to change the tests, and possibly add some additional notifications that get sent to handle this.
Found and fixed bug 817731 which caused the message manager to send some messages twice.
- Reviewed Yoric's patch for sessionstore on a background thread bug 532150
- Looked into some users' profiles from reports of jankiness while using Social
- Wrote a patch to bug 811247 - create only one instance of each social panel
- Filed a couple of bugs: bug 815961, bug 817375, bug 817782, bug 817790, bug 815973
- Started looking into what we need to do for per-window private browsing on social
- One interview, PTO on Friday
- Finish patch and tests for bug 811247
- Review next patch from Yoric
- Get back to some bugs I intended to look last week but were depriotized for 811247
- was at the Gaia work week in Madrid at Telefonica's office
- fixed some big keyboard performance regressions
- will continue to fix app-specific kb regressions
- Downloads Panel
- Landed more Downloads Panel fixes: bug 815273, bug 815131, bug 815678, bug 811263, bug 815941, bug 817584
- Bugged shorlander a lot about some final decisions - we've got movement on bug 814961 now, and a tentative plan for bug 812894.
- Worked a little bit on helping Ehsan with private browsing integration for downloads panel
- I think I've narrowed down weird panel issue that dolske was experiencing to a Retina + GPU panel bug (bug 816986). jfkthame has been helping me on this one.
- Australis Tabs
- Got a WIP patch up for bug 813808
- Downloads Panel
- Finish off bug 814961 now that I have a direction on it.
- Solidify plans for bug 812894 and implement.
- See if I can get movement on bug 816986 - or at least, enough debugging information to know *why* things are going wrong. A Retina Macbook for testing should be arriving in Toronto soon.
- When Mano's patch lands for Downloads in the Panel view (bug 675902), I'll be diving in there to help polish.
- Australis Tabs
- Get bug 813808 out of WIP state - might need some feedback from MattN or dao about my approach there.
Blockers: I'm not being blocked at the moment.
(In a phone screen - will update later)
- Australis Tabs
- Past week
- Reviewed a bunch of bugs for Social API, click-to-play, and Reader Mode
- Worked on a talk that I will be giving about tools & processes for software quality
- Worked a little on a patch to fix the menus on OS X for Social API, still have a little more to do with that
- This week
- Giving a talk on Wednesday about tools & processes for software quality
- Going to review the mixed-content blocking patch that has been stalled in review
- Hoping to get some more time to write code :)
- Starting to mock up a new HomeTab/NewTab design. [bwinton]
- looking at FHR-related bugs (notification and prefs) [madhava]
- worked through download panel blocking UX bugs - should all be addressed [madhava, stephen]
- settled on a design for australis menu panel (given some secondary menu requirements), working with Blair [stephen, zhenshuo]
- Figuring out proper design solution for bookmarks on FX Metro. Initial concept "Bookmark list" here: https://bug801164.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=689988 ; Metro bookmarks might end up with a different structure with desktop bookmarks. [yuan]
- Supporting implementation of [metro-it2] features, including Find bar, Top sites, and Setting charms.[yuan]