Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- Toronto Offices: Fin du Monde Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
- actions from last week:
- schedule and progress on upcoming releases
- review highlights and notices
- respond to questions and concerns
Schedule & Progress on Upcoming Releases
- Beta 7 is down to 1 problem getting debugging support working for Firebug. The problem is understood and should be fixed today. (See bug 608763 and bug 609141 for details)
- A reminder that we have updated the Firefox 4 beta/release schedule.
- Last week saw the completion of key elements of the 1.0a6 release
- The release remains on track for a Nov. 15th code freeze
- The 1.0a7 development plan will be wikified and ready for review by next Tuesday
- freeze scheduled for next Wednesday, November 10
- much work on track, some work at risk
- doesn't block Firefox 4.0b7 release, but we think we can make it compatible anyway
- aiming to make this release the first beta (1.0b1)
- hold freeze for beta blockers?
- On track for release next week
- Better search on staging and a text counter. Feedback is welcome.
- Check out what we plan to do in the next 6-9 months!
We'd love your feedback on any of these things via #input on irc.mozilla.org!
Highlights / Notices
Questions and Concerns
Press & Public Reactions
- Firefox 4 release slips to 2011
- Firefox 4 Pushed Back to Early 2011
- Mozilla Reschedules Firefox 4 RC For Early 2011