220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 Schedule (tentative dates)
- Tentative Ship Date: Tuesday, December 19 (slipped a few days from Thu 12/14)
- Nominations Deadline: Friday, November 17 (slipped week from Fri 11/10)
- Code Freeze (Checkin Deadline): Friday, December 1 (slipped week from Fri 11/24)
- First Candidates Available: Monday, December 4
- Bug Verifications: Ongoing starting Mon 11/27
- Smoketests: Mon 12/4
- BFTs: Mon 12/4 - Wed 12/6
- Post to the QA blog for Community Testing: Tues 12/5
- Focus/Exploratory Testing: Ongoing starting Mon 11/27
- l10n + Update Testing: Thur 12/7 - Fri 12/8
- Live Update Testing: TBD
- Special Distro Spotchecks: TBD
- Special Distro Updates Checks: TBD
- RC builds: 12/4 (rc1), 12/9 (rc2)
- l10n builds: 12/11
- Notify Partners and Distributors of final RC: 12/12
- Prep Security Notes and Notify Security Group: 12/12
- Release Signing + Staging: 12/15 - 12/18
- Final Release: Tuesday 12/19
- Special Distro Repackaging: 12/15 - 12/20
- Special Distro Release: 12/20?
General Info & Status
Firefox 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 Test Plan <-- MoCo QA tasks and results are here.
- includes the General Firefox 1.5.0.x Test Plan
In order to get more coverage on fixes going in for Firefox 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 plus Thunderbird 220.127.116.11, we need the community to help test the latest RC candidates or nightly "latest-mozilla1.8.0" AND nightly "latest-mozilla1.8" branch builds while looking at the current list of fixed18.104.22.168 bugs AND fixed22.214.171.124 bugs (excluding XForms bugs). Here are a few ways to help:
- BFTs & Regression Testing: Running through a set of BFTs on Litmus is the best way to test basic functionality and explore various areas for regressions.
- Extensions & Themes Testing: Install and use some of your favorite extensions and themes. Try a few new ones from addons.mozilla.org to make sure everything works as expected.
- Minor/Major Software Updates: We have to make sure minor updates work as expected, since the client will now have the ability to do major updates from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52. Please go through the test cases in Litmus that go through this functionality, Revised Software Update Tests (especially minor).
Links to official list of released locales: