- 1 Public meeting note of Mar 18th, 2014
- 1.1 Tim
- 1.2 Rudy
- 1.3 Ian
- 1.4 Steve
- 1.5 Dominic
- 1.6 Alive
- 1.7 Yuren
- 1.8 Arthur
- 1.9 Evan
- 1.10 Fred
- 1.11 George
- 1.12 Greg
- 1.13 EJ
- 1.14 Ricky
Public meeting note of Mar 18th, 2014
These are the features mainly driven by the Taipei teams, in cooperation with other teams in Taipei and around the world. We are not meant to take all the credit :)
- Fix a bug 981997, enable
setInputMethodActive()test in Gecko.
- Working with the team on their status while I am away.
- Discussed bubble-tea landing strategy.
- Copy-paste arch discussion API draft (Monday)
- Would like to fix bug 974770 (Get rid of dom.mozInputMethod.testing in test scripts) first and start checking if we have enough tests for InputMethod API.
- Driving conversations around marketplace feature detection; make sure bug 944641 (test lol keyboard) can be accepted on marketplace.
- Hope to find more time writing system2 patches (and tests), e.g. bug 974319
- Copy-paste: Kicked-off for 1.5. Gaia will be responsible for a "popup" UI. API draft ready for RFC. Need a topic owner and assignee.
- 3rd-party keyboard: Need re-enable after 1.4 branches (bug?). Re-launch performance issue of the old keyboard need to be addressed bug 970193 or we need to ship the new keyboard. Marketplace and feature detection issues on going, need PMs to work with other teams on hasFeature API priorities (bug 900241).
- bug 975970 - [keyboard refactor] Convert doublespace.js and touch_handler.js to instantiable pattern.
- WIP, need to address review comments.
- Sort out keyboard refactoring effort: http://bit.ly/1hhXhc2
- (Tarako) Review and testing bug 982269 - 5 reflows in keyboard.
- Other code reviews.
- bug 982568 - Re-enable keyboard OOP
- Come out with sprint 1 plan for bug 956169 - keyboard refactoring.
- Continue working on keyboard refactoring, e.g. bug 956175 - [keyboard refactor] handle language switching
- 3rd-party keyboard: bug 982568 - Re-enable keyboard OOP.
- keyboard refactoring: sprint 1 plan by 3/19 - should focus on language switching.
- bug 980694 - [B2G][Bluetooth] Bluetooth will continue searching for an export device after it is disabled. (utility tray regression with platform crash, feedback+, without test)
- bug 981626 - [Sora][gallery]Can't be shared when select picture and video simultaneously(1.3+, r?)
- bug 979981 - [B2G] [Bluetooth] Truncated devices names will have their ellipses overlap the icon(r+, fixed)
- bug 980694 - [B2G][Bluetooth] Bluetooth will continue searching for an export device after it is disabled. (add unit test)
- bug 981626 - [Sora][gallery]Can't be shared when select picture and video simultaneously(1.3+, r+, wait djf feedback)
- bug 859168 - [Settings][Bluetooth] fire a bluetooth pairing notification when lock screen turn on
- Refactor settings panels.
- WebBluetooth-v2: Discussed new version API design run 1.(https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Bluetooth/WebBluetooth-v2)
- SD Card management:
- WIP patch for the user story(https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/16981). The mount/unmount API is working fine. But the status which is gotten via storageStatus() API not accurately. Will need Gecko to provide follow up work(bug 943825).
- Not ready items:
- The event trigger time is not reflect to storageStatus() of volume action.
- Need to provide accurate status(might not an async function or Dom API).
- SD card is not able to insert/remove on reference phone. Will need API provide property for query "CanBeFormatted", "CanBeMounted" and "CanBeShared".
- Spec updated: Mount SD Card/Unmount SD Card/Format SD Card may not show if the device or storage doesn’t support these functions.(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=921105#c22)
- Reply needinfos and code review.
- bug 983858 - [B2G][SMS]User is given a 'Switch data connection' message when attempting to send a MMS.
- Keep tracking 1.4+ bugs.
- Helping with other 1.3T+ blockers.
- Reply needinfos and code review.
- Paris work week
- v1.5 feature discussion and new visual refresh. Go through all the targeted 1.5 feature and review new visual for 1.5
- Haida planing for all the comms related apps. Will join at least message app's discussion for the haida planing.
- Comms apps(dialer/contacts/call log) split planing.
- bug 973156 - (fixed) The fix is hiding the media controls area in utility tray when FM app is active and in the foreground, ux reviewed it and landed with tests.
- bug 958470 - (fixed) It's a regression but fix is simple actually, landed without tests because it didn't pass on travis 100%, will land the tests later.
- bug 962439 - (f?) Quickly wrote a patch for the reporter to test, f? set.
- bug 964034 - (reviewed) This is a RTL bug for music app but patch doesn't look good so cancelled the review, and has requested the contributor to contact ux and visual team first, we will need simple wireframes to implement and review it.
- Answer needinfos and reviews.
- Audio channel service in gaia: start the works from this week.
- bug 984227 - Change url of window disposition activity, r+
- bug 964224 - Prevent homescreen being revived at background, r+, qawanted
- bug 981965 - Contextmenu top issue
- Isis, task tracer demo.
- Code review
- bug 916709 - Implement PopupWindow, patch v3 WIP
- Work out the plan for system2 stage2.
- Find time to clean bugs under system: window-mgmt
- 1st demo done in 3/14 media ww.
- WIP PopupWindow.
- Watching some 1.3? and 1.4? bugs for win-mgmt.
- bug 897352 - [gaia build system] Transition to a build_stage for assembling apps (r++++!!!!)
- Daily push try server for bubble-tea
- merge bubble-tea
- bug 897352 - [gaia build system] Transition to a build_stage for assembling apps (fix some issues which reviewer mentioned on github)
- bug 968666 - multilocale.js should be a standalone build script which can be executed by macro |run-js-command|
Build system refactoring: issue for copy rule got r+ and it should be landed in serveral days (Developer: Yuren) and next action item is extracting webapp-shared.js (developer: George)
- bug 921391 - [DSDS][Gaia] Need to show the Call forwarding notifications. (DSDS 1.4, landed)
- bug 975265 - [Settings] Need to add LTE options in the network type selector (1.4+, r?)
- bug 974253 - Preferred network type setting will not be saved if reboot DUT right after change the setting. (1.3T+, r?)
- Review the Firefox account patch (bug 974108, bug 949051)
- bug 949741 - [CDMA] Settings supplementary services (SS) broken (1.4+, WIP). Confirmed the behavior with the RIL team.
- Refactor keyboard settings panels.
- Settings2: Discussed the rule of placing modules and unit tests with the members. Writing panel refactor guidelines.
- bug 829492 - [Calendar] No way to cancel calendar account setup. (1.4 top10-bug, p=13, r?)
- bug 981460 - [gaia-marionette] Should clean the profile before we do make test-integration. (r+)
- Review for contributors (bug 979667, bug 979657)
- bug 980682 - [B2G][Calendar] Notifications for calendar event alarm reminders are not being received (1.4+)
- bug 980254 - contentScript.inject cannot work (block bug 968686)
- bug 984574 - [Calendar] JSHint fixes for js/templates
- bug 984572 - [Calendar] JSHint fixes for js/*, js/utils and js/worker
- bug 984118 - [Calendar] JSHint fixes for test/unit
- http://bugzil.la/978933 - gaia-marionette should not care about the order of its environment variables
Topic status update
- Productivity Team
- JSHint fixes for Calendar app.
- Fix Top 10 bugs for Calendar, Clock, and Email apps.
- bug 984726 - Tests for UI and CSS changes.
- Run marionette test on device
- Student Project
- Members: Evan, EJ, George, Ricky
- 4 good first bugs are landed: bug 979667, bug 979663, bug 979657, bug 979661
- Working on Settings marionette tests: bug 981528, bug 981527, bug 981525, bug 981524
- Will have a talk about how to contribute open source project in NCU at June.
- FxOS Magic
- Members: Evan, EJ, George, Rudy, Yuren, Greg, Dominic
- Good first Firefox OS App handbook for Web developers.
- Sheriff bubble-tea branch
- bug 981550 - Apps can cause permissions prompts in other apps (1.4?, r+)
- bug 982033 - [bubble-tea] change layout manager instantiate place to solve app_window dependency (r+)
- bug 796519 - Nit, When accessing a network on the wifi page that requires a username/password, use username, not identifier (r+)
- bug 983572 - [ui-test-privileged ] add gUM video permission in manifest (r?)
- bug 984265 - JSHint fixes for shared/js (r?)
- bug 971515 - [System2] Instantiable MediaRecording (WIP)
- bug 971538 - [System2] Instantiable PermissionManager (WIP)
- Merge bubble tea branch and send bug 971515, bug 971538 for review.
- refactor bug 971625 `[settings] refactor Sound panel with AMD pattern` based on monday meeting.
Topic status update
See Arthur's section.
Bubble-tea will merge to trunk by time frame 2/25, 2/27, 3/7, 3/11 (the date we have successfully merged from master).
- (Build) refactor and raise test coverage of buildscript, including perference.js(bug 982645) and webapp-manifest.js(bug 983573) (blocked).
- (Build) Start to investigate how to save |make| time (bug 983564) (save 25%) and check node version (bug 979827).
- (Settings) add more marionette test(bug 968693)r? and add method to helper(bug 975249). (bug 968686) is blocked by 980254.
- Helping students for first bugs of marionette (Evan, EJ, and Ricky)
- (Build) (bug 968661) merge webapp-shared.js and solve possible conflicts from (bug 897352).
- (Build) (bug 983573) keep working on webapp-manifest.js , once (bug 897352) is merged.
- (Settings) start to refactor settings app with AMD.
Topic status update
Build: currently, most of refactoring bugs are waiting for bug 897352. After it's merged, it may also take time to modify shared.js and manifest . After investigating, there probably have some ways to save |make| time, like remove redundant instance, replace target of makefile with link. I will keep investigating on that.
- Discussed LockScreen customization with KDDI, and found some bugs need to be re-organized to clarify their dependencies.
- The 'LockScreen Window' bug (bug 937442) had been solved and now is review+, but not landed yet.
- The 'Stop directly use "LockScreen.locked"' bug (bug 937442) had been solved and now is review+, but not landed yet.
- The Tarako bug: 'Incoming call with lock screen overlapped for a while' (bug 982530) had been solved and landed in v1.3T.
- Land bugs and fix (possible) regressions
- Organize the current LockScreen bugs.
- Solve the bug 982530 in master.
- First WIP patch for the demo LockScreen (bug 984717) now is ready, but it needs to wait the LockScreenWindow landing to be completed.
Topic status update
LockScreen now is waiting two major requirements get satisfied to become a standalone app: first, the communication model, or protocol, for communicating with System app, which is important to keep things works as before; second, we need to refactor LockScreen with a flexible and powerful architecture, to avoid customized and our official LockScreen getting into trouble, which may happen while more and more modifications get staked on the original monolithic design. I'll focus on the first requirement and implement a demo app to let us evaluate the protocol it reveals. After that, the refactoring plan will keep continuing as it already did.
- System2 bug - Instantiable FtuLauncher (bug 971488) WIP
- Fixed 1.3+ bug (bug 979751) about redundant PUK page showing up when disabling pinlock
- There are some intermittent failures in some marionette-tests in Settings app. I am still investigating why there are some intermittent failures.
- Start to mentor students about marionette test and had a meeting with all involved people discussing about the future plan.
- "sim pin timing issue" bug 975240 just got r+, will land it after branching out.
- "mozMobileconnection should not be requisites" bug 960861 is ready and got r+, will land it after branching out.
- start to refactor settings app with AMD.
- come up with a rough working plan (with George, Evan and Ricky) for students and prepared needed information for them.
Topic status update
DSDS: Currently there are no DSDS related blockers for me now, waiting for Joe's triage. Settings: We already had a rough plan about what we should do in Settings app to make it AMD modularized. After branching out, I would start to take bugs about that.
- bug 972699 - Fix unit test zero coverage when using lazy load. (This bug needs to patch blanket.js first)
- Sent a pull request to blanket for new lazy loading feature. https://github.com/alex-seville/blanket
- Give NCU students a tutorial for git, github, bugzilla and how to use firefox-nightly to contributing mozilla code base. (Evan, EJ, George, Ricky)
- Preparing a test-agent brown bag seminar for introducing Gaia test-agent and test coverage
- Continue to help NCU students for contributing mozilla project and provide technical support.
- Keep working on bug 972699 if I figure out better solution.