< Performance | Snappy
Snappy Dec 6, 2012 Status (no meeting this week)
- lmandel to follow up with Bas about bug 792527
- pinged bas in the bug (the bug that Bas is working on is bug 509052)
Tab Strip (tab switch)
jrmuizel, bas, avi
- Vlad measured FPS rates during Australis tab animations and it identified a serious performance regression that is particularly noticeable on weak hardware. Details in bug 738491#c76.
Content (GC, CC, DOM storage, flash hang, DOM event/task scheduling)
billm, jcoppeard, smaug, mccr8, aklotz
- bug 805591: r+ from bbondy, sent to bsmedberg to review plugin facing parts of the patch and to shorlander for ui-review.
- bug 818059 created by bsmedberg, kind of an offshoot from bug 805591. He's trying to determine whether we can safely detach the input queue of the main Firefox thread from the plugin-container main thread (Win32). This would address a type of plugin hang that falls outside the scope of our plugin hang detection code. aklotz has been assisting with this.
- bug 807021: Applied Honza's feedback on LocalStorage, smaug needs to review next
- bug 600307: Reviewing Honza's full rewrite of LocalStorage
Temporary and Severe Browser Hangs (front-end, downloads, chromehang fixes, scrolling, prefs, slow sql)
gavin, ttaubert, jared, frank, john, yoric, irving
- Privacy & legal teams approved release of chromehang data to Infinity, will get him to sign NDA next and get him the data