Fennec 5.0 Beta Test Plan
- Current Milestone: Firefox mobile 5
- Release: June 15th
- QA Contact: Kevin Brosnan
- IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org#qa kbrosnan
- Builds: Firefox 5.0b7 | changeset | pushlog
The current cycle for Firefox mobile beta is focused on stabilizing for release and verifying fixes that will ship with Firefox 5.
- Track using [fennec5.0b7] in the whiteboard
Milestone: Firefox mobile 5.0b7
Known Issues: The following issues are already known and should not be reported again
- bug 628269 - Pages are zoomed in at reload
- bug 639504 - Unable to zoom in/out a webpage on header/footer when a double tap gesture is made
Smoketests cover broad areas of testing for Firefox mobile. These represent core functions of the browser. Any failures during the smoketest should be addressed before continuing with the other testing.
Basic functional tests cover specific features and ensure continued quality.
|Anna, Andreea & Nicolae||Android||June 15|
Features Exploratory Testing
Identify the feature, description of the testing you performed, the device you tested on and any bugs filed
Context menu testing
- bug 64114 -> verified-beta
Verify the bug fixes which landed for this beta cycle.
- bug 664114 - Context Menu doesn't resize properly when switching the window orientation
Additional changes that are picked up from Core/Toolkit can be found at the mobile pushlog.
Issues Found/Reopened Bugs
Once the build is live on the Android market test that updating and installing works on a variety of devices and Android OS versions. Once the update is complete upgrading should preserve the users profile settings.
Verify tests against the Motorola Cliq 2 and Motorola Charm - smoketest and BFTs
|Ioana||Motorola Cliq 2||See notes|
|Ioana & Andreea||Motorola Charm||See notes|