From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

QA Staff Meeting Nov 13, 2013

# Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
# Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

QA Show and Tell

  • This week:
    • Web QA - skipped; will do the 27th
  • Next week:
    • Mobile QA

New Hires & Interviews

Upcoming Events/Conferences


  • November 20th: QA Interview Skills Workshop in Warp Core - 1:30 PM

Travel / PTO

  • TRIBE training:
    • [nhirata] November 13-14 Tribe
    • [retornam] November 13-14
    • [kthiessen] Nov 13-14
    • [jammink] December 10th-? Tribe
  • [ashughes] PTO Nov 15 to Dec 3
  • [tchung] taipei : Nov 11-15
  • [Henrik] Nov 12-13, 15
  • [mbrandt] PTO Dec 7th - Jan 1. Argentina, climbing a mountain (just a heads up)
  • [lizzard] PTO Nov 7-8, Dec. 10 (Tribe)

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • Follow up on action item: Clint to talk to people running Interview Training to see how they are planning for remotees to be involved.
  • Where are we tracking goals for Q4 and beyond? This might apply to things such as community and maybe not to the individual teams?
  • Quick note: Agenda format changed -- please use wiki format (stars and equals for bullets and headers)

QA Team Updates

Desktop (Juan)

Mobile (Tony)

  • Firefox for Android (Kevin/Aaron)
    • Released Firefox 26 beta 4
    • Working on Firefox 25.0.1
    • Stability (kbrosnan)
  • B2G (Geo/jhammink)
    • [jsmith, jammink, nhirata] System FE work week last week
    • [jsmith] Scoping 1.3 QA plan for Media Recording & System FE
    • [jsmith] Exploratory testing gUM notification
    • [jammink] burirun4 testrun being cut - we'll use 11/4 base with latest gecko/gaia
    • [jammink] SIM customization exp testing, focus on factory reset
    • [jammink] automating two tests for keyboard currently
    • [dclarke] Added mozPay tests to CTS, starting work on Web Activities tests.
    • [geo] Finishing TCP Socket client-side tests for CTS, picking up listener tests next.
    • [geo] Working with performance team to better understand test process and validity (metrics team analysis of datazilla results, high-speed camera addition to Eideticker, etc.) and continue roadmapping automation priorities.
    • [martijn] Fixing freezered/bitrotted patches for bugs 927196 and 913706, working on WIP patch for 871323.
    • Stability (nhirata)
  • Community Members Onboarding

Services (Edwin)

  • Identity/Persona
    • train going out next week
  • FxA
    • API Server
      • working on load testing, exploratory, and adding integration tests
    • Content Server
      • working on infrastructure, waiting for more code to land
    • B2G - client
      • tomorrow should be a testable Try build
      • ready to add gaia-ui-tests for FTU and settings
  • SimplePush
    • Considering protocol changes for WhereIsMyFox app
  • Community
    • Met with Contributor who's interested in helping with community engagement.
    • pitched the idea of QA 101

Web (Stephen)

  • Affiliates
    • No updates
  • B2G/Gaia testing:
    • Ongoing good test (and build) stability means that we have still been focussing a lot on new tests and improving existing tests' coverage rather than fighting fires for a change
    • Have even completed test requests from other teams eg jwalsberg wanted messages app validation, alive wanted a keyboard test on tbpl
    • Laid the smack down on some annoying Travis intermittents.
    • New tests this week: TBPL browser/keyboard integration, Add everything me collection, Messages to: field validation, Messages to: field contact matching
    • More tests constantly in the works, 3-4 per week
    • New contributor: some guy called jammink!  :-)
    • Working out our phone/Jenkins-job stability this coming Friday, 11/15/2013
  • Bouncer
  • Engagement Projects
    • Web QA badges team had second meeting, determined first badge, taking steps to make it happen
      • first being getting a "" email address for our team to use to issue
    • Planning for upcoming newsletter testing
    • Reps has features under test
  • Firefox Health Report
    • No updates
  • Firefox Marketplace
    • Weekly release [1] was shipped yesterday
    • In-country payments testing is in progress
    • lots of CTA (call to action) for various shipping countries, this week + next
  • Mozillians
    • Thursday release: enabling CSP, fixed log out issue & search, added profile icons, and more
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • SUMO
    • Testing new SHOWFOR changes for FF OS
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • New requests to join our list and participate, reached out to them and will continue to do so

Community (Marcia)

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)

  • General
    • Henrik is in the process of moving house. He should be back online soon.
  • Mozmill CI
    • We've had some issues with our OS X 10.9 nodes which has caused builds to hang. Investigation is covered in bug 938073
    • Ready to push updated to our production instance to hopefully help us to understand our recent OOM crashes. This is likely to happen next week due to a busy schedule for the desktop testing.
  • B2G
    • Last week a new version of b2gperf was released with a fix for a memory leak that caused FPS and launch times to deteriorate over time.
    • Couple of silent Eideticker issues to investigate. If you have an inari and are interested, please help!
  • MozTrap (Cameron)
  • Community Members Onboarding
    • I'd like to highlight kyr0 for his work on fixing a Marionette screenshot issue and bitgeeky for his work on allowing us to specify timeouts on the command line for Gaia UI tests.

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Notes
    • : "Encourage your peers."
    • Cameron coming up with list of to-dos for MozTrap, will socialize around QA list.
    • Next week's meeting canceled in favor of interview training.p
  • Action Items
    • Clint to talk to people running Interview Training to see how they are planning for remotees to be involved.
    • Clint to come up with skeletal version of an A-Team style public goals page
    • Marcia to come up with community goals list

Last Meeting

  • Action Items

Template available at: