- QRC = Quantum Release Criteria
- QF = Quantum Flow
A QRC bug is a bug that indicates Firefox is below some performance target on a QRC benchmark or metric.
QRC bug states:
- "[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis]" and unassigned (ready for profile analysis)
- "[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis]" and assigned to an engineer analyzing the profile
- "[QRC][QRC_Analyzed][qf:p1]" and unassigned (ready to be fixed by a QF engineer)
- "[QRC][QRC_Analyzed][qf:p1]" and assigned to a QF engineer fixing the bug
- Testers will:
- Profile analysis engineers on the "Profiler Overflow" list:
- Select a bug from the "Bugs Ready To Be Analyzed" list below.
- Assign the bug to yourself while you are analyzing it.
- If the bug is invalid or not actionable, then needinfo the reporter or close the bug.
- There might not be obvious, visible problems. The profile analysis does not necessarily require the profile analysis engineer to reproduce the test case, just identify if there are obvious hot spots in the profile.
- If you can't identify the root cause, then unassign yourself. Another profile analysis engineer will pick it from the QRC_NeedAnalysis list, so leave any notes you have or needinfo someone who may have domain knowledge relevant to the profile.
- If you have identified the root cause, then:
- Change the whiteboard tag from "[QRC_NeedAnalysis]" to "[QRC_Analyzed][qf:p1]" (so the bug will be seen by QF engineers).
- Move the bug to an appropriate Bugzilla component.
- Unassign yourself.
Resources on "How to do Gecko Profiling"
If you have questions about using the Gecko Profiler, operators are ready standing by to help in the #flow IRC channel. :)
Ehsan's videos on how to analyze Gecko profiles
Mike's deep dive videos analyzing profiles on real bugs
- Search for "Joy of Profiling" on Air Mozilla. Effective Dec 4, 2017 - 15 episodes
- The Joy of Profiling - Pilot
- The Joy of Profiling - Pilot 2
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 1 Posted on May 19/2017
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 2 Posted on June 10/2017
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 3 Posted on June 17/2017
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 4 Posted on June 24/2017
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 5 Posted on July 8/2017
- The Joy of Profiling - Episode 6 Posted on July 15/2017
Bugs Ready To Be Analyzed
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Bugs Now Being Analyzed
|ID||Priority||Summary||Whiteboard||Assigned to||Last change time|
|1363352||--||Amazon homepage start: time to first nonblank is slow||[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis]||Cătălin Badea (:catalinb)||2017-09-11T11:49:35Z|
|1371641||--||YouTube navigation start profile||[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis]||Matt Woodrow (:mattwoodrow)||2017-10-04T20:34:51Z|
|1363364||--||STR Amazon search first result||[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis][platform-rel-Amazon]||Naveed Ihsanullah [:naveed]||2017-09-20T19:19:25Z|
|1362039||P3||Facebook home navigation start||[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis]||Randell Jesup [:jesup]||2018-03-05T17:18:28Z|
|1394761||P3||Hasal input latency case facebook_ail_scroll_home_1_txt regressed median from 22ms to 44ms on 7/29||[QRC][QRC_NeedAnalysis][qf:p3]||Sean Stangl [:sstangl]||2017-10-07T00:03:29Z|
5 Total; 5 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Bugs Ready To Be Fixed
QRC_Analyzed bugs that are ready to be fixed by a QF engineer:
|1367665||--||[Input Latency] Firefox is 31% (53 ms) slower than Chrome in case GMail - Open Email||[qf:f61][qf:p1][QRC][QRC_Analyzed]|
1 Total; 1 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);