Releases/Firefox 15.0b4/BuildNotes

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search



Build 1

Ship the l10n milestone

  • Went to
  • Clicked on "new milestones" link
  • Clicked "clear aurora"
  • Clicked "X" for everything except "Fennec beta" and "Firefox beta"
  • Clicked "Submit"
  • Clicked "ship" for Firefox
  • Downloaded l10n changesets
  • Clicked "ship it"
  • Clicked "ship" for Fennec
  • Clicked "add"
  • Filled out form:
    • repo: releases/mozilla-beta
    • branch: default
    • path: mobile/android/locales/maemo-locales
  • Clicked "Generate it"
  • Downloaded l10n changesets
  • Clicked "Ship it"

Set the reserved slaves

# cltbld@bm13
cd /builds/buildbot/build1
echo 10 > master/reserved_slaves

Start the automation

cd /pub/$product/nightly/
mkdir ../candidates/$version-candidates
ln -s ../candidates/$version-candidates $version-candidates
  • Double landed configs, merged to branch
  • Tagged configs, custom, tools
  • Updated+reconfiged bm13
  • Ran release_sanity:
. bin/activate
cd master
PYTHONPATH=. python ../tools/buildbot-helpers/ -u kmoir \
    -V 15.0b4 --branch mozilla-beta --build-number 1 \
    --release-config \
    --release-config --products firefox,fennec  \
    --dryrun localhost:9001
  • Started automation by running this command
PYTHONPATH=. python ../tools/buildbot-helpers/ -u kmoir \
    -V 15.0b4 --branch mozilla-beta --build-number 1 \
    --release-config \
    --release-config --products firefox,fennec localhost:9001

Sign android builds

cd ~/signing-work/mozharness
hg pull -u && hg up -C
cd ..
python2.6 mozharness/scripts/ --config-file signing/ --platform android

Reset reserved_slaves and unlock slaves

# cltbld@bm13
cd /builds/buildbot/build1
echo "0" > master/reserved_slaves

Publish Fennec

  • Bumped the version & build number in to 15.0b4 build1. Ran the following as ffxbld@stage:
curl -O
  • Downloaded [1] Fennec multilocale APK to my laptop.
  • Went to
  • Clicked on "Firefox Beta"
  • Clicked on "APK Files"
  • Clicked on "Upload APK"
  • Uploaded the 15.0b2 multilocale APK.
  • Clicked "Save"
  • Activated the new APK
  • Decativated the old APK
  • Clicked "Save"

Watched until the "last updated" date changed.

Run pushsnip

[ffxbld@dp-ausstage01 staging]$ ~/bin/pushsnip Firefox-15.0b4-build1

Bugs hit

Starting the build was delayed about an hour because hg was very slow.

I didn't allocate enough slaves to the win32 and mac64 slaves for bm13 so these builds were delayed. Also, after allocating some slaves to the bm13 in slavealloc, I didn't realize that you had to reboot the slaves so they would point to the new master. I updated the build doc to reflect this.