This article is a stub. You can help MozillaWiki by .
The objective of this page is to document standards to be used for SEO @ Mozilla and beyond in regards to more technical implementations of open web standards & SEO.
A short list to start with for search results optimizing your pages:
- Good, relevant, original content
- Semantic Markup
Don't bother wasting time with:
- meta keywords - invisible to users, and ignored by search engines since 2001 (e.g. official post by Matt Cutts of Google). Unfortunately there's a lot of obsolete SEO dogma on the web that incorrectly recommends use of met keywords.
- meta tags in general - aside from (meta description), there are no known current positive effects of meta tags so they just waste space. Similar problem re: obsolete SEO dogma.
- RDF in HTML - anything in HTML comments is also ignored by search engines and thus is a waste of page space.
- presentational markup - use CSS instead.
Questions about use of standards for SEO: