< SeaMonkey | StatusMeetings(Redirected from SeaMonkey:StatusMeetings:2009-03-10)
« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: March 10, 2009, 13:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
- 1.4 Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Find a volunteer to drive the Modern theme updates into the tree. [KaiRo]
- Make sure a bug is filed to create the UI for the mail archiving function available in the backend. [IanN]
- bug 482458 filed.
- Create new bugzilla components (to match Firefox and Thunderbird): [Ratty]
- "Session Restore". Yes.
- Tabs and Toolbars. KIV for the time being.
- Note: Meta bug is bug 471534.
- The fishcam webpage needs to replace the "Get Firefox" button with a "Get SeaMonkey" button or at least add a SeaMonkey one. bug 480483, fixed by Lou.
SeaMonkey 2 Alpha 3
open blockers all blockers blocker requests
- Released! (including complete auto-updates, btw.)
- How is testing feedback so far?
- Generally positive on Mozillazine. Everyone is impatient for 2.0final.
- We have had requests for Places Bookmarks.
- this should be something we should look at in the post 2.0 timeframe.
SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1
open blockers all blockers blocker requests
- SeaMonkey developers will need to nominate bugs that they think should be considered for blocking Beta 1.
- Target/freeze dates? Sync with Firefox 3.5 beta 4 and/or Thunderbird 3.0 beta 3 as much as possible?
- Firefox 3.5b4 has a code freeze on 6th April and planned release on 14th April; unfortunately Thunderbird 3.0b3 is still TBD.
- We will continue keeping an eye on Firefox and Thunderbird with a tentative freeze and release schedule for SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1 in a mid-April time frame.
Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 381157 Download manager backend.
- Callek should have patch up by tomorrow (sans some pref migration).
- Help needed for the progress dialog UI.
- bug 472001 UI for download manager.
- Review done as far as possible with the code only. Waiting on backend.
- Toolbar customization:
- bug 413385 MailNews.
- Ratty will be starting on this next. Filed bug 481862 (The Main MailNews window needs suitable button icons for small button mode) so that customizable toolbar buttons in MailNews Modern won't be so terrible.
- Plans on other components?
- None at the moment. Volunteers welcome.
- Customizable Composer toolbars would save us a whole pref panel.
- bug 413385 MailNews.
- bug 456757 Modern theme update.
- The next step is to file bugs/patches for each sub-module under mozapps/ in order to get reviewed. Ideally a graphically oriented person should to drive this - helpwanted.
- If someone (who is reading this) understands our review process and can drive the existing stuff into the tree, please help us there!
- KaiRo will blog about it and try to find a volunteer.
- bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
- No progress at the moment but stefanh says he will look into this soon.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that.
- bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
- bug 415372 Implement Feed Preview.
- The next patch should be done by next week.
- bug 471346 (Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service).
- New patch is up, waiting for review.
- bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
- None at the moment.
- bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme".
- bug 465504 Include an identity indicator in primary chrome (EV certificate UI).
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Expect next patch for feeds preview to be done for next week. I'm on classes again, I will hardly be able to join the meeting.
- Blog added to http://planet.mozilla.org.
- bug 471932 Do some tidy up/fixing of feed subscription and related code - fixes lots of issues with the new shared code - new patch with updated folderDeleted tests is STILL waiting for review, new unbitrotted version created.
- Usual reviewing and commenting.
- Done some more coding but nothing as yet ready to review - main work has been looking at TNEF attachments.
- Got lots of new ideas and visions for the future (of the world in general, not SeaMonkey-specific) at Lift09 in Geneva.
- Tagged, built and released SeaMonkey 2.0 Alpha 3, including website changes, announcements and automatic updates for users of previous alphas.
- Repackaged, tested and released 13 experimental language packs for that newest milestone.
- Tagged and built a first candidate for SeaMonkey 1.1.15
- As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.
- Helped Neil and jag fixing bug 466994 New FAYT implementation prevents entering any text in text input boxes while search is active; would probably have been a SeaMonkey 2 final blocker
- Created a patch for bug 470175 "Find as you type" should be stopped upon loading a new webpage
- Looked at bug 481836 url bar autocomplete fills in nonexistant URL, strange things happen when you enable autofill because of the new Places code returning results the old code did not expect; Neil already had a patch for that one, need to improve one minor thing in the patch (match case-sensitive, not case-insensitive)
- Working on bug 481862 (The Main MailNews window needs suitable button icons for small button mode). Currently recreating the graphics in vector format.
- Ported bunch of sessionstore followup bugs.
- Sessionstore tests waiting for review.
- Bugs Landed on 1.9.1:
- bug 471508 Make the toolboxChanged() callback return useful information.
- Currently working on bugs:
- bug 435652 Scrollbars become hidden/disappear when the window gets smaller/shrinks (but not too small).
- bug 478575 system background colors not applied to tab preview for a new tab still loading.
- bug 479992 Better fix for the "Halo"/Extended border around buttons on modern theme.
- bug 482291 Implement getBrowserAtIndex() and getBrowserIndexForDocument().
- Bugs ToDo:
- bug 413385 Implement Customizable Toolbars in SeaMonkey MailNews. I'll be starting on this next.
- Bug discussions:
- bug 481862 The Main MailNews window needs suitable button icons for small button mode.
- Bug triage.
- Mozillazine discussions and agitprop.
- Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 481337 Port |Bug 473905 - View All Headers mode leaks DOM nodes| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed Core/... (but SM related) bugs:
- bug 482112 |xpcshell/head.js:160: Error: cannot open file '/buildbot/linux-comm-central-check/build/mozilla/mailnews/test/resources/mailDirService.js' for reading|
- bug 400095 The title of window have repeated name when inspect dom inspector; (Bv1) Reuse the initial title
- And working on other areas... like
- infrastructure to run tests
- filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit and Reftest) tests
- doing an (experimental) Windows mozilla-central SeaMonkey build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; hoping for bug 464325 new tinderboxes.
Any other business?
- KaiRo: "Reward the SeaMonkey devs" idea - list ways how people can reward individual SeaMonkey devs for the work they are doing.
- Google Summer of Code.
- Google Page.
- Brainstorming page.
- Projects with confirmed mentors.
- Please add your suggestions to the brainstorming page, doesn't matter if you don't want to be a mentor, ideas are the important part at this stage. Remember it needs to be about an 8-week chunk of work.
- Students start discussing ideas on 18th March, and start applying on 23rd March.
- DST: Can we keep the time of the meeting to 1300 UTC even though two meetings from now, it will be after the start of DST in Europe? Ratty.
- To be discussed at next meeting.