« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking and backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- Tbird 184.108.40.206 code freeze on 8/9
- Tbird Major Updates pushed to beta 8/13
- We are hoping to release major updates later this week
- Triage 220.127.116.11 is on-going
- No updates for this week.
- Nothing but blockers.
- Continuing to set up talos/performance Mac Minis
- More server/kernel upgrades this week (continuing from last week)
- We're going to switch to nightlies from the new reference platform this week, probably on Wednesday; the new nightlies are available on FTP.
- SUMO -- next round of knowledge base articles is up for writing/editing. Join the growing community to help.
- Mozilla24 event coming September 15-16.
- Welcome Alix Franquet to the marketing team!
- SpreadFirefox 2.0 -- Currently working with RainCity and Mozilla folks on the launch of SFx 2.0. If we get infrastructure up today or tomorrow, we can have the staging site up for a first review at the end of the week, we hope to release a version for widespread testing on 8/27. - Asa
- Surfaced t-shirt and community swag issue for certain locales. We're going to prototype a solution that might allow us to bring certain Mozilla Store items to locations where it was previously cost prohibitive. - Asa
- Surfaced a need from communities wanting to build local advocacy sites and proposed a solution that would expand the current l10n shared server infra or create a new one for hosting local advocacy communities. - Asa
- India activities continue at speed - Seth
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- New designs are being worked on
- Cleaning up plugin space -- security and reestablishing vendor relations
- Will work with Polvi on improving plugin user experience on firstrun/update pages
- Took a look at TW internals
- Patches from last week will go in Tuesday
- We spent a couple of days last week testing -- load tests and writing unit tests to verify new DBI class that internally caches things w/ memcached
- mozilla Europe
- Fixed download link bug (permanent best-case fix) -- hope to push this week sans testing
- Set up drupal install w/ civicrm for evaluation
- Hope to get LDAP auth, bug # admin page this week
- Dashboard w/ delta rankings
- Meeting minutes
- IP/legal issues
- Frank Hecker responded to licensing-related questions to the Foundation while Gerv Markham is on vacation
- Frank contacted a company about putting proper MPL, etc., notifications in the EULA and other material for their Mozilla-based product.
- Grants and related activities.
- The Mozilla Foundation will be a sponsor of the 2008 W4A conference (renewing our sponsorship from this year).
- Henri Sivonen completed another milestone on his Foundation-funded conformance checker work.
- Web sites
- David Boswell worked more on revising the Foundation section of www.mozilla.org.
- Zak Greant worked on tying up loose ends from the Internet as a Public Good Symposium.
- Gerv was on vacation.
For more information see the individual status reports from David, Frank, Gerv, and Zak.