- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 DevEngage
- 4.1.3 Platform
- 4.1.4 Cloud Services
- 4.1.5 Messaging
- 4.1.6 Mobile
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1.13 Apps & Marketplace
- 4.1.14 Mobile Partner Site
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Potch for always being amazing!
- Vedad Hadžić has come out of nowhere and redone a bunch of DXR's CSS and other front-end code.
- Thanks and props to Naresh Kumar, Vigneshwaran, Mohankumar Duraiswamy, Shashank, Nikil, Jerald, Achyuth KP, Franklin Francis, Subhash & everyone else who participated in the Aaruush Firefox OS app day: http://viswaprasathks.wordpress.com/2014/08/13/aaruush-firefox-os-app-days/
Monday, 18 August
- If you have any time-bound contribution activities for the Mozilla community, please email Jennie at email@example.com. Your opportunities will be featured in the next issue of about:Mozilla!
Tuesday, 19 August
- CBT meetup this week in MV
Wednesday, 20 August
- Mozillians Town Hall - Shifting the Advertising Industry (Sustainability #3)
- Air Mozilla - https://air.mozilla.org/town-hall-sustainability-3-shifting-the-advertising-industry/
- 10:00am - 11:00am PT Cyberspace only (not in SF or MV Commons).
- BrazilJS 2014
- Check out the Wiki landing page for details on Mozilla's presence at BrazilJS
- Conference is Aug 21 & 22, Mozilla activities begin Aug 20.
- Second of the Big 5 series of events for the Apps & Marketplace, Dev Rel, and Dev Tools Teams.
Thursday, 21 August
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 22 August
Saturday, 23 August
Sunday, 24 August
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Toronto (johnath)
- Go watch last week's town hall if you missed it
- Growth team comin' atcha
Firefox for Android
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Li Gong in Mountain View
- Darren Herman in New York
- Town Hall!
- Continue to develop the Personal Interest Dashboard add-on and running experiments with personalized newsfeeds
- UP Wiki https://intranet.mozilla.org/UP
- Subscribe to Web
- Wiki page is live! https://intranet.mozilla.org/Subscribe2Web
- Pilot1 is planned for Q4 2014 in Poland and Sweden
- Scheduling a Brown Bag in the next couple of weeks
Speaker Location:Brett Gaylor - Remote
- Maker Party continues to roll out -- going well
- Contributors: 5552 (2% increase from last week’s 5441)
- Webmaker accounts: 124K (17% increase from last week’s 106.3K)
- Events: 1799 (50% jump from last week’s 1199)
- Hosts: 493 (10% increase from last week’s 450)
- Expected attendees: 76,200 (23% increase from 61,910)
- Cities: 362 (40% increase from 260)
- Big step forward with Mobile Appmaker last week
- One of our goals with Webmaker this year is to add a focus on apps
- As part of this, released Appmaker for Desktop in beta for Maker party
- Over the last few weeks we've made progress on the next step: app made on a mobile device
- At a workweek in Portland last week, the team settled on a product strategy for the next couple months
- They are now sprinting towards the first prototype to be shown in Dhaka, Bangladesh next week
- Note: brief presentation on this later in the meeting
Speaker Location: Mark Surman Remote
- Headline: we're looking for new ways community can contribute to top line goals
- This year, Mozilla has a goal to 'enable communities that have impact'
- Much of the focus so far has been on growth, and we're making some progress
- We need to shift our focus towards quality and impact that contributors can have
- Over the coming weeks: community building teams are actively looking for new ways community can have an impact on top line goals
- E.g. are there creative ways that community can help get Firefox on a growth trajectory?
- Mark (MoFo), Mary Ellen (Engagement), Mitchell (chair) are helping the community teams with this
- If you have ideas, reach out to David Boswell or one of the exec team working this
- Expect more reports in coming weeks
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Andrew Sliwinski and Simon Wex||WebMaker||Mobile Appmaker work week||Portland/Remote||Yes||Slides||Import / Export API for Apps  // App for Import/Export of Apps via SD Card  // Device-to-Device App Transfer via NFC |
|Andrea Wood||Digital Fundraising & Advocacy (mofo)||Community Indiegogo Campaigns // Maker Party Snippet||My house (Oakland CA)||No||na||Find Indiegogo campaign info here // Click here to preview and try out the Interactive Snippet - and you can read a blog post by the lead designer|
|Fred Wenzel||Apps Engineering||a set of framework+tools for writing awesome Firefox OS apps.||remote||no||https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/08/time-to-get-hacking-introducing-rec-room/||no. 1 on HN this morning: . Recroom github repo for readme, issues, etc.|
|Robyn Chau||Events Team||BrazilJS 2014||remote||yes||http://bit.ly/1ldAfds||BrazilJS Landing Page Wiki|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Justin Terry||Darren Herman||New York Office||New York Office||Content Partnerships, Partner Success & Content Platform Operations|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
You might know that we are using UserVoice to allow people to easily report ideas for the developer tools at http://ffdevtools.uservoice.com. We are now extending this to HTML5 Apps as a whole. This will go live soon, and it would be splendid if anyone of you who found things missing in the "web as the platform" to submit them there in order to pre-seed the channel before we announce it live: https://openwebapps.uservoice.com/forums/258478-open-web-apps
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1041964 Added an indication that a comment is required when setting some tracking flag values
Apps & Marketplace
- recroom toolchain "released" via a blog post on Hacks Blog -- a set of framework+tools for writing awesome Firefox OS apps. Targets intermediate developers, which feels like a gap in our tools right now.
Mobile Partner Site
- The Mobile Partner site (https://mobilepartners.mozilla.org/) is part of Mozilla’s initiative to scale the delivery of Firefox OS devices. The site is specifically targeted to provide self-serve support to the retail/open Market distribution channels and lower volume operators. The intent is to make everything the partner needs to create a Branded Powered by Firefox OS or Firefox OS Inside device available in a curated, guided site with complete and up to date information regarding our product. In order to distribute a Mozilla branded device, Partners must register on the site, accept the click through Prototype agreement, complete and pass Mozilla’s certification process and sign Branding Terms.
- With the help of the Mozilla Beijing team we are in the process of translating the site to Chinese. We expect to have Chinese (in addition to English) available online by Sept 1.
- If you are interested in understanding all the steps that a partner needs to undertake in order to bring a Firefox OS device to market, we invite you to visit the site. Its perfectly ok for you to register on the site and accept the prototype branding agreement so that you can have full access to the site – we just request that you use your Mozilla.com email address if you are on Mozilla staff or clearly identify yourself as a contributor so that our Bus Dev team can determine ‘real’ potential partners. We welcome your input and contribution to making it the best site possible!
- Also we are planning a brown bag on Sept 4, so please plan to join Adam Rogers, Ben Sternthal and Karen Ward on Airmozilla on that date!