Bucharest, the capital of Romania has been chosen as the next location for Mozilla Balkans inter-community meet-up. All info on this page should still be considered as work in progress. If you have any questions or concerns please mail Ioana Chiorean ( ioana at mozilla dot ro)
- 1 Overview
- 2 When
- 3 Schedule
- 4 Logistics / About Bucharest
- 5 Participants
- 6 Contact persons
- 7 Communication
- 8 Mozilla Romania
- 9 Aftermath
The Balkans Inter-Community meet-up 2015 will take place in Bucharest, Romania, on May 22-24th.
Lead contributors from Balkan communities will be invited and sponsored by Mozilla to participate in a 2-day workshop.
The aim of the workshop is to enable Mozilla communities in the Balkans to share and learn from each other's experience working on the Mozilla Project, improve collaboration in the future, and work on specific tasks.
- still work in progress here: goals brainstorming page.
- please consider to visit Reps event too
- Friday May 22- Arrival Day ( dinner with all participants)
- Saturday - May 23rd - First day of meetup
- Sunday - May 24th - Second day of meetup
- Sunday evening/ Monday May 25th - Departure day.
- Schedule can be consulted here. Some highlights:
- In terms of time we are looking to have two session of 1h and a workshop/hackathon of 3h ( this is the intend at the moment)
- In terms of participants and structure of them at the moment the sessions will be with all, the workshop with who wants to be part of ti - will be in the same time as for L10n/SUMO/QA - teams can combine.
- Last session should include some Actionable Items for the future ( 6-12 months)
Logistics / About Bucharest
- All information about locations and maps are available here.
- Participants will stay at Hotel Novotel Bucharest City Centre
- Adress: Calea Victoriei 37B București 010061
- All participants will share double rooms
The event will take place at the TechHub
- District 2, 39-41 street Nicolae Filipescu
All participants will enjoy world-renowned Romanian food throughout the contributor event. The following meals (including drinks) will be organized and paid for by Mozilla:
- Friday (05/22) : Dinner at 8PM (20:00) (at La Placinte - Bd IC Brătianu 10)
- Saturday (05/23) : Breakfast (hotel), Lunch (catering at the venue), Dinner (at City Grill Centrul Vechi)
- Sunday (05/24) : Breakfast (hotel), Lunch (catering at the venue), Dinner (at Caru' cu bere)
- Monday (05/25): Breakfast (hotel)
- Weather.com says:
- Friday May 22nd High: 29°C Low: 13°C Precipitations: 0% Wind: 18 km/h
- Saturday May 23rd High: 30°C Low: 14°C Precipitations: 0% Wind: 19 km/h
- Sunday May 24th High: 31°C Low: 16°C Precipitations: 10% Wind: 13 km/h
- Friday May 22nd Plenty of sunshine High: 28° Low 14° RealFeel® Hi 29° / Lo 13°
- Saturday May 23rd Partly sunny High: 28° Low 15° RealFeel® Hi 29° / Lo 15°
- Sunday May 24th Periods of sun High: 29° Low 16° RealFeel® 30° / Lo 15°
Electrical Plug/Outlet and Voltage Information =
- read more here.
- All participants who requesting reimbursement for their expenses need to add their expenses on bug #1157298. If you have any questions, please contact Ioana/ Konstantina or Francisco about it.
- NB: Please make sure to get approval before making any purchase
- The following Balkan communities will each be represented by local contributors:
- Albanian community - Kristi Progri, Redon Skikuli
- Bulgarian community - Pavel Ivanov, Miroslav Yovchev
- Croatian community - Nikola Henezi,Ana-Maria Antolović
- Greek community - Alfredos-Panagiotis Damkalis, Giannis Konstantinidis, Christos Bacharakis,Konstantina Papadea (org)
- Macedonian community - Novica Nakov, Goce Mitevski
- Romanian community - Florin Bogdan Strugariu, Cristian Silaghi (sp.), Marcela Oniga, Alexandra Lucinet, Stefania Ioana Chiorean (org)
- Serbian community - Aleksandra Uzelac, Marko Andrejić, Vanja Tumbas
- Slovenian community - Gašper Deržanič, Nino Vranešič, Goran Kohek
As functional team there will be present employees from:
- Participation Team: Konstantina Papadea,Francisco Picolini
- Quality Assurance: Marcia Knous
- Support: Madalina Ana, Michal Dziewonski
- Localization: Francesco Lodolo, Matjaz Horvat, Axel Hecht
- Ioana Chiorean - ioana at mozilla dot ro - phone numbers will be provided in mails.
- Reps event
- Hashtag: #mozbalkans
- Mailing list
- IRC channel #balkans
To find more about Mozilla Romania, local Mozilla community and their work, please visit http://mozilla.ro/ and also https://wiki.mozilla.org/Romania
- follow us on social media: Facebook, Google+ Page, Twitter
- Read more about context and pronunciations here.
- Welcome = Bine ai venit (inf)
- Hello = Salut/ Bună ziua
- How are you? = Ce mai faci? (inf)/ Ce mai faceți? (frm)
- Good = Bine/ Bun
- What's your name? = Cum vă numiți?
- My name is ... = Mă numesc ...
- Where are you from? = De unde sunteți?
- I'm from ... = Eu sunt din ...
- Pleased to meet you = Îmi pare bine de cunoștință/Încântat de cunoștință
- Good morning = Bună dimineața
- Good afternoon = Bună ziua
- Good evening = Bună seara
- Good night = Noapte bună
- Goodbye = La revedere/ Pa
- Good luck = Noroc!
- Cheers! = Noroc!
- Have a nice day = Îți doresc/ Vă doresc o zi plăcută!
- Bon appetit/Have a nice meal = Poftă bună!
- Bon voyage/Have a good journey = Călătorie plăcută!/Drum bun!
- Excuse me = Scuzați-mă!
- How much is this? = Cât costă?
- Sorry = Pardon!
- Thank you = Mersi/ Mulţumesc
- Reply to thank you = Cu plăcere
- Birthday greetings = La mulţi ani
Please check the Aftermath page.