Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
telin, Aryx, philipp, RyanVM, bkal, kbrosnan, roland
- No plans for 78.0.3 at this time
- Fx79 RC week next week
- Fenix 79.0.0 beta respins coming later today
mc2 crash rate: 1.74 (-0.08), crash incidence: 2.72% (+0.64), mc1 summary score: 7.86 (+1.35)
- [@ mozilla::extensions::DocInfo::DocInfo] Frequent Nightly crasher if add-ons like uBlock Origin installed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1652665 earlier today, has been backed out and new Nightlies requested
- startup crash on OSX 10.12: [@ _pthread_tsd_cleanup] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1651622
- dana keeler needinfoed
mc2 crash rate: 1.62 (-0.10), crash incidence: 1.67% (-0.16), mc1 summary score: 4.20 (-4.06)
- Crash in [@ mozilla::dom::Document::GetPermissionDelegateHandler]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1650655 - 0.2% of content crashes
mc2 crash rate: 1.38 (-0.14), crash incidence: 0.83% (+0.06), mc1 summary score: 1.87 (-4.69)
- JAWS instability https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1650590 - fix on 79.0b
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
- https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/12424 crash when long pressing the tab counter Sebastian investigating
Aurora / Dev Edition
Feature Status Review
- We have an EPM for Project Shirley! Ping Julien Chaupitre
- [challenged] Disabling address autofill auto-saving
- Unclear if we are staffing this work for Fx80. Feature owner has been unresponsive. Originally in scope for Project Shirley but likely to be pushed out.
- [challenged] Modernized print UI
- Full scope will not be completed in time for Fx80. Team is working to either make a decision to punt to Fx81 or reduce scope to still ship something with Project Shirley
- PDF Form Fill - Pushed out of scope for Project Shirley. Moved out to Fx81.
- [challenged] ETP: Cookie Restrictions: List 2
- Remains challenged. May require a change in strategic direction. Waiting on review and decision from Selena/Roxy before moving forward.
- [challenged] Secure Proxy Subscription MVP
- Remains challenged from last week. Due to bugs in FxA and a signing process for Mozilla extensions. Hope to have an update on this tomorrow.
nothing to report