Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 8am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Desktop Stability
- 4 Mobile Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 Feature Status Review
- 7 SUMO Report
- 8 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, Pascal, abodea, ebalazs, csasca, vlucaci, ajoltan, obotisan, philipp, mboldan, drus, Aryx,tzsoldos, mberlinger, roland
- 79.0b8 shipped yesterday @ 100%
- 79.0b9 gtb today
- RC week next week
- Waiting on the go-ahead to ship new Fenix betas
mc2 crash rate: 1.85, crash incidence: 4.68%, mc1 summary score: 8.80 tuesday mc2 crash rate: 1.74, crash incidence: 2.72%, mc1 summary score: 7.86
- No new significant crasher since Tuesday (but nightly updates were stalled on Wednesday for infra issues so not a lot of new data in Socorro)
mc2 crash rate: 1.81, crash incidence: 1.57%, mc1 summary score: 4.48 tuesday mc2 crash rate: 1.62, crash incidence: 1.67%, mc1 summary score: 4.20
[79.0b8] not much data in yet due to the delayed release
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1649728 patch waiting for approval
mc2 crash rate: 1.37, crash incidence: 0.83%, mc1 summary score: 1.81 tuesday mc2 crash rate: 1.38, crash incidence: 0.83%, mc1 summary score: 1.87
- Crash rate is calculated based on usage hours (the time Firefox is actively used).
- Usage hours will be significantly lower on Fennec than on desktop Firefox, so we can't compare mobile rates to desktop rates.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1652215 was fixed by a backout 4 days ago in m-c and new nightlies spun but we got Fenix nightlies with this patch on Thursday
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Pre-release sign offs - in progress. No concerns until now.
- Firefox Beta 79.0.0-beta.6 - signed-off with status YELLOW
- Focus Beta 8.5.1 GV 78 - Status YELLOW
Feature Status Review
- [roland] nothing to report
Roundtable & Special Topics
- have Fenix in crash-stop in Bugzilla even if we don't have the patch part?
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Fx78 PM to happen week of July 27