Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Square Conference Room
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)
Upcoming Product Releases
- caught some stability issues in Firefox 3.5.4
- got fixes for all of them by Saturday
- shipping a Firefox 3.5.5 tomorrow
- targeting a mid-December release
- code freeze is November 10 at 11:59pm
Firefox 3.6 Beta
- shipped late Friday, Oct 30
- currently over 150,000 ADUs, tracking well
- met with Marketing to discuss further promotion
- will be doing "beta refreshes" frequently (probably twice before RC)
- next refresh to include the DLL blocking patches (may cause 3rd party software compatibility issues)
Firefox 3.6 RC
- code freeze target is November 18th
- release target is November 26th
Fennec 1.0x beta 5
- candidate build is ready and being tested by qa
- looking to release monday, the 9th
Weave 1.0 beta 1
- 0.8 (final pre-beta version) shipped November 3rd
- target release date is Thursday, the 12th
- common issues
- Top issues:
- Back/forward button disabled (sometimes fixed by restart... may be corrupt places)
- Chrome registration failed messages (probably lacking permissions)
- Enter button not working in location bar -- definitely caused by an extension but we haven't figured out which. bug 513033?
- entry point js_SaveRegExpStatics could not be located -- bad update bug 525390
- Top search terms
- Real player -- They released a new version of their video downloader extension and it doesn't download videos in 3.5
- 64 -- as in 64 bit
Firefox 3.6 / mozilla-1.9.2
- all teams now focusing on remaining blockers and nominations
- session restore optimization will land for Firefox 3.6
- we will be turning off Aero Peek Preview Per Tab by default (bug 525475) due to implementation problems (bug 520807, bug 520943 and bug 522262)
future / mozilla-central
- Layers API developed - Framework for hardware acceleration, 3D transforms, retained buffers for elements, cross-process rendering, off-main-thread compositing, animation and video playback. Please send feedback to roc or in mozilla.dev.platform.
- WOFF file format may be implemented by Microsoft sooner rather than later
- Fennelectroysis lives! and out of process plugin work will be landing on mozilla-central fairly soon (preffed off by default)
- more detail in the full notes online
- Firefox 3.6 status is at 37 green, another 21 within b1 range
- 17 with +100 missing strings, but some of those are worked on, even if just on obsolete strings
- need new locale list for 3.6 beta edition 2
- stas stuck in 5 years of l10n
- next fennec nightly should be good for testing, l10n-merge fixed, locale selection bugs fixed, too. Pound.
- patch for single locale deb posted in bug 490482, to be set up in individual repos, or a pool? repos and fennec.install files need action after that, as does hooking up the thing with a xulrunner deb. A fennec.install file per locale will be the entry point for users here.
- Fx 3.6 QA
- Planning for 3.6beta(next). We'll focus on a few areas.
- Filed bug 526019 blocklist older versions of Flash, with severity=0, on 3.6b.
- Testday - Previous - Two-Day Testday - Awesome
- Got started on our release test cycle: finished smoketests, going on to verifications and BFTs
- Testing new OS drop and verifying fixed bugs
- Meeting with Nvidia team tomorrow morning
- Shipping FF3.5.5 tomorrow
- Waiting for go on FF3.6b2.
- When do we expect to go to build for 3.6b2?
- When do we expect to ship 3.6b2?
- Waiting for go on Fennec1.0beta5?
- Compatibility at 38%. Email sent out on Friday
- Add-on Compatibility Reporter up to 7800 users and 9500 reports. Will begin analyzing and sending out emails next week.
- 5.3 launch is scheduled for 11/12
- No specific updates - docs going, waiting on CSS gradient landing, File Spec docs.
- Plugins Check Page
- 847K pv so far (~36K pv/day).
- Adwords Campaign has upped page views (~1500 pv a day).
- Dynamic Button Project
- On hold because Martell is working on the new First Run Page design changes--hope to have buttons finalized for next Friday 11/13.
- Working with AMO to update their plugins page:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=525594
- Mozilla.com Updates for 3.6
- major development in the last week is that we took another pass at the First Run & What's New design...that work is complete and back in WebDev.
- screenshot of revised First Run page
- the future of the First Run page includes lots of testing...if you have ideas of things you'd like to test, add them here.
- Firefox 3.6 website updates wiki