What is the MAOW?
The Mozilla Add-ons Workshop is an informal meeting bringing together Mozilla community members (both staff and volunteers) and anyone interested in learning about Firefox and Thunderbird add-ons and discovering how easy it is to develop their own Mozilla extensions.
The event if FREE and OPEN to everyone. Registration is required.
When is the MAOW?
The Florence MAOW will take place on Saturday 27 of June 2009, from 15h to 19h. Drinks and some food will be served after.
Where is the MAOW?
The MAOW will take place in downtown Florence, and precisely at:
Circolo ARCI S. Niccolò
Via S. Niccolò 33R
How to get to the venue from the main train station "Firenze - S. Maria Novella":
- by bus - take the bus number 23 with destination to "Nave A Rovezzano / Sorgane", jump down at the stop named "Poggi" which is the second after you cross the river Arno.
- on foot - suggested time is about 25 minutes, the walk is a pretty one so you may consider chosing this solution. You may also want to take a different way through the very centre of the city, without considerable loss of time (~ 30 min).
- by car: just don't! Drop the car outside the centre of the city and follow the indications.
Please use the following online form to register for the event:
SORRY, REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The program of the workshop will be the following :
- 15:00 - 15:30 Welcome talk by Mozilla staff (William Quiviger and Paul Rouget)
- 15:30 - 16:15 Developing Extensions Overview
- 16:15 - 16:30 BREAK
- 16:30 - 17:30 HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: First Steps on Firefox: Build your workspace and bootstrap your skeleton extension (don't forget your laptop!)
- 17:30 - 18:30 HANDS-ON WORKSHOP: Full Metal Firefox: an Advanced Development Environment (don't forget your laptop!)
- 18:30 - 19:30 Open discussion/Networking/Lightning talks etc...
Please make sure to arrive shortly before 15:00 so we can begin the workshop on-time.
If you have any questions and if you're not sure how to get to the MAOW from where you live, please don't hesitate to contact Iacopo Benesperi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Giacomo Pailli (email@example.com) who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Mozilla Project Intro
A short presentation of the Mozilla project will be given in English by William Quiviger, Community Mobilizer for Mozilla, and Paul Rouget, European Tech Evangelist.
XUL Developers Workshop
The overview on "developing extensions" will be given by Luca Greco and Massimiliano Mirra (XULit.org), while both the "hands-on" workshops will be under their supervision.
MAOW Firenze 09 - Workshop Slides
MAOW Firenze 09 - Workshop AddOn Examples