This sprint will have in-person meetings as well as remote participation.
- The in-person location will be the Mozilla office in London
- Remote participation is welcome
- Coordinate via #devmo on irc.mozilla.org for both in-person and online participants.
- Ad-hoc notes at http://etherpad.mozilla.org:/MDNdocsprint-London2012
Some topic areas where MDN needs more content:
- Firefox for developers (see the MDN doc tracker)
- We need help to have these up-to-date with all the relevant information. Not only the latest ones but also older ones.
The classical open web tasks:
- CSS: several articles of the form "Using the..." are needed. Please coordinate with Jean-Yves
- a basic tutorial (but really basic, for complete beginners),
- several articles on how to use some HTML5 features (like how to use the semantic text element: what's the difference between <b><dfn><strong><em>, ...),
- HTML5 Microdata
- Update to the HTML5 Content categories article (palpable content!) https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/HTML/Content_categories; update the schema at the top (with palpable content too). Creates template so that we can get the relevant information when hovering over the term in other pages.
- we need to redesign the HTML reference page and to make them closer to the one of the CSS reference (Removing the Christmas tree we have right now).
- Please coordinate with Jean-Yves.
- Review, complete some DOM API to be sure they are up-to-date with latest standard/implementation: Geolocation API, Page Visibility API, ...
Not an exhaustive list: if you have other ideas, you're welcome.
The following are the times when in-person sprinters are going to be working. Remote sprinters are welcome to work outside these hours, whenever is convenient in your time zone.
- Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm British Summer Time (08:00 to 16:00 UTC)
- Saturday: 9:30am to 4:30pm BST (08:00 to 15:30 UTC)
- Sunday: 9:30am to 4:00pm BST (08:30 to 15:00 UTC)
We'll break for lunch mid-day, and will also have an outing Saturday evening.
The following people are planning to participate:
- Florian (WebAPIs, dev-doc-needed bugs)
- Chris M.
- Till (SpiderMonkey API, introductory material and cookbook)
- Kadir (Sumo)
- Scott R: WebRTC
- jenzed (HTML primer - starting small)
- Hotel: St. Martin's Lane - will be arranged through Mozilla travel
- 45 Saint Martin's Lane London WC2N 4HX, United Kingdom
- London Office information (including transportation & directions)
- Address: 101 St Martins Lane (3rd Floor) London WC2N 4AZ UK
- Thursday: optional dinner for people in town @ Wagamama Leicester Square, 14 Irving street. Reservations at 20:00, meet in the hotel lobby 19:30. Please let Ali know if you are joining us.
- Friday dinner @ 18:00, Dishoom Bombay Cafe
- Saturday: leave the office/hotel ~16:30 for an excursion to London Eye. Dinner @ Waterloo Bar & Grill, reservations 19:45.
- Sunday: optional dinner for people still in town. 19:30 @ Belgo Centraal, 50 Earlham Street. Please let Ali know if you want to go to dinner so I can make the reservation!