- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge is 2013-04-01
- Release is 2013-04-02
Major Topics for This Week
- Dynamic Toolbar
- Chris Lord has been keeping up with regressions from the new toolbar behavior. Once bug 852565 lands, the toolbar should be pretty solid. Nice work!
- HTML5 Support
- Over the last week two HTML5 features landed: HTML5 <input type="range"> and Web Notifications. We got a bump on html5test.com for the range control, but the notifications are blocked on bad testing code. David Baron has a pull request to fix html5test.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Mar 13 - Mar 19
- bug 827347 - allow downloading/installing update from about:firefox
- bug 847002 - fix crash in nsPresShell::Paint
- bug 851180, bug 827347 - follow-ups for previous bugs
- bug 850875 - fix regression with environment variables not getting set
- bug 851060 - move util files into the util/folder
- bug 802130, bug 852070 - threading cleanup
- bug 815862 - allow more acceleration on high-res devices
- bug 852163 - fix leak of activity introduced by toolbar hiding
- investigated and tracked down at least one source of bug 797615
- snappy work week
- more snappy work week (working on bug 847499)
- hook up a new device to AWSY/mobile once i get back to toronto
- get back to PZC unification
- Investigated bug 851861 Intermittent testOverscroll... | Pixel at 100, 0 - Color rgba(0,0,0,255) not close enough to expected rgb(32,100,0)
- Working on:
- bug 781179 Android PGO investigations: stalled by a valgrind bug (expect a patch from sewardj today)
- Investigating effect of skiagl on shumway performance (looks good!)
- bug 814282 Intermittent testVkbOverlap | testVkbOverlap - Found 0 green pixels after tapping
- bug 819419 Intermittent testAllPagesTab | Awesomebar URL stayed the same
- bug 847835 Intermittent test failures caused by app installation failures
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- bug 850690 - Fix gap between toolbar and page
- bug 850724 - Fix toolbar disappearing after tabs tray is expanded
- bug 850154 - Fix find-in-page UI appearing over the toolbar
- bug 850789 - Pin the dynamic toolbar on the screen when the tabs tray is open
- bug 824745 - Fuzz some reftests on Android
- bug 850889 - Fix jank while animating dynamic toolbar
- bug 852158 - Fix content scrolling to the top while the dynamic toolbar is visible
- PTO next week :D
- More dynamic toolbar fallout?
- Back to Ouya bug 831778
- Working on IME test automation
- bug 822686 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.Favicons$LoadFaviconTask.downloadFavicon(Favicons.java)
- bug 848761 - Android should treat input element's type attribute values as case-insensitive
- bug 845080 - Extract BackgroundService superclass
- bug 848409 - Only enable Strict Mode logging for developers' local builds (to avoid flooding Socorro crash logs)
- Continuing IME test automation
- Past week
- JDB integration
- Using TEST_PATH when debugging mochitests
- Detecting mismatched objdir and installed apk
- Basic automatic update feature
- Ported some Google patches from NDK's GDB to JimDB
- Fixed bug where some breakpoints with conditions cause Fennec to crash
- Fixed bug where sometimes calling function in Fennec from JimDB will cause crash
- Fixed bug 847823 - Update Java IME to reflect updated Gecko interface
- Fixed bug 706336 - Home and End buttons in Swype don't work
- Rewrite wiki page
- Blog about changes
- IME bug backlog
- Last week:
- Next week:
- Moar debugging.
- Land patches.
- bug 850693 - java.lang.ClassCastException: android.os.BinderProxy cannot be cast to org.mozilla.gecko.NotificationService$NotificationBinder at org.mozilla.gecko.NotificationServiceClient$NotificationServiceConnection.onServiceConnected(NotificationServiceClient.java)
- bug 851056 - Downloads can't be canceled if the user closes Firefox while the download is in progress
- bug 828990 - Thumb position does not advance; and or, unnecessary thumb position in input fields on tap
- bug 838793 - Don't keep a reference to AboutHomeContent
- Eclipse integration?
- Layouts and Styles - bug 823644
- First set of patches reviewed and ready to be landed
- Crashes in 2.2 device and was backed out
- New about:home - bug 852312
- Refactoring of views in about:home is complete
- Waiting for UX on final designs
- Modify tab button style - bug 848719
- Tabs button showing wrong color in pressed state - bug 852237
- Neutralize highlight color - bug 848707
- Cleanup address-bar animation - bug 817288
- Bug 809558 - Web app audio does not stop playing when backgrounded (or taking a phone call) - waiting for review
- Bug 850898 - nsNativeTheme for Android - paused for now
- Bug 419588 - Add support for multiple ICO and ICNS sizes
- Bug 851693 - Allow loading URI Intents - needs a sec review before we land
- Finish up Bug 419588 - Add support for multiple ICO and ICNS sizes
- Bug 850645 - Unable to launch WebApps - Crash @ java.lang.IllegalStateException: attempt to re-open an already-closed object
- Bug 840593 - In content UI cut off on small screens - test failures (need a small screen device to test on)
- Bug 842911 - mini-app mode button on Samsung tablet can block content (need to get hold of a device that supports this)
- bug 838652 - Use res-auto namespace alias instead of autotools substitutions for package name
- bug 848070 - Crash org.mozilla.gecko.TabsPanel.<init>(TabsPanel.java:84)
- bug 844959 - Tabs are hidden after a tap on privacy tab button and a rotation
- bug 848551 - about:home thumbnail aspect ratio wrong on tablets
- bug 852227 - Don't highlight tab background on pressed when showing cell
- bug 843641 - Tablet tab carat changes direction in portrait mode
- bug 850936 - [Tablet] - Unable to change tab sections after rotation with sidebar open
- More tabs tray bug fixing
- a11y support in TwoWayView
- Architectural changes (transition manager, UI bus, etc)
- In Progress
- Add UI to specify a default search engine - bug 730445
- Get rid of text selection mouse events hack - bug 667243
- Community building meetup in Toronto
- Profiling performance issues with reflow-on-zoom to determine what might be causing lag when zooming in, then zooming back out. I think I've found a partial solution to the problem, and it makes reflow on zoom significantly more performant, but there is still some lag.
- Found solution for bug 836568.
- Found solution for bug 800805.
- Continue pushing forward with bug 836565, hopefully finding a more significant change that will speed up reflow in the case of reflow-on-zoom.
- Land bug 803719, bug 800805, and bug 836568.
- bug 520992: getComputedStyle / height ignoring -moz-box-sizing:border-box (analysis to see if we can get a simple patch for this)
- bug 824965: GetCaretPositionFromPoint returns incorrect offset in text editor (if I have time)
- Review for layout changes in bug 803719 (dbaron currently assigned to review these, but perhaps there's someone else?)
- PTO tomorrow and Friday for WCHA hockey tournament (Go Fighting Sioux)
- last week
- Q2 goals
- APKs in APKs
- next week
- Q2 Goals (Draft)
- bug 852962 - Bad optionsURL will show 'options' header but no options
- bug 852608 - Add support for OpenSearch. Firefox Mobile ignores <link rel="search">
- bug 852828 - Add basic support for subscribing to feeds (RSS/Atom)
- New blog post about fonts in Firefox: https://blog.mozilla.org/ux/2013/03/improved-type-on-firefox-for-android/
- Working on title bar interactions with Lucas, Chris and Sriram. Tentative mockup: http://cl.ly/image/3R390o1q0F1X
- Trying to finalize new about:home designs this week
- Up next after that: reorganizing Settings
- (kats) Try doing status updates in http://benjamin.smedbergs.us/weekly-updates.fcgi/ or http://teamstat.us to be more in sync with other teams
- (jchen) During ANR reporter's privacy review, we were asked to append the telemetry opt-out notice to convey the type of information sent in ANR reports (stacks and logs when ANR happens)
- Current notice: "Nightly sends information about performance, hardware, usage and customizations back to Mozilla to help improve Nightly."
- Some ideas:
- "… information about performance, stability, hardware, usage and customizations …"
- "… information about performance, program state, hardware, usage and customizations …"
- "… information about performance, status, hardware, usage and customizations …"
- "… information about performance, condition, hardware, usage and customizations …"
- "… information about performance, execution, hardware, usage and customizations …"
- Web-apps have been untestable for over a week now; unable to launch web-apps: bug 844895