< Mobile | Projects(Redirected from Mobile/Projects/First-run feature tour)
Build a simple first-run experience that helps users discover some of Firefox for Android's new or lesser-known features such as the new Firefox Accounts & Sync experience, our WebApps integration (and Marketplace), Reading List and Firefox Hub.
This first-run tour could be populated with new, relevant content for releases where we introduce new features or choose to highlight existing/improved features.
- TBD (deb)
Include telemetry probes so we know
- How many users see the first-run tour in a given day/week
- How many users dismiss the first-run tour without otherwise interacting with it, and how quickly it is dismissed
- How many users interact with the first-run tour beyond just dismissing it & which items they interact with (so would need some way to differentiate between whether they tap on the Sync page or the Hub page or whatever)
- How many users manually re-open the first-run tour
- What other browsers do first-run tours?
- What do other browsers/apps do for first-run tours that are particularly excellent and/or terrible?
- All user stories are implemented & tested
- No perceptible performance degratation
- Minimal increase in APK size
- User feedback in Nightly and Aurora doesn't indicate that it is a hugely annoying feature - although these may have greater potential for annoyance than beta/GA, depending on what we count as a "first-run"