QA/Fennec/DevTools Remote Debugging
- 1 Overview
- 2 Testing Summary
- 3 Testing details
- 4 Bug Work
- 5 Signoff
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that DevTools Remote Debugging is supported in Fennec.
[In Progress] : Nightly 67 in 3/07/2019
Scope of testing
The testing will be focus on the results of DevTools Remote Debugging with various devices. USB connection: making sure we can connect to devices, that the basic debugging experience is there and the workflow works. Connecting to network devices: be able to connect to Firefox 66, 67, 68 (there’ll be backward compatibility messages for other versions) In theory you can try to connect to anything, we don’t plan to prevent it but it might not work
Testing will be performed on following devices:
- [ Sony Xperia Z3 Android 5.1.1]
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nM_TxDX5p79bSjYWXz3Hk4u8QLdJZ4qiGwA_5h49SyU/edit#heading=h.zh74r6twlnmx - Remote Debugging
We should test to check the results of DevTools Remote Debugging with various devices.
All Test cases have passed and all P1 bugs are fixed.
- [link [Fx 67] DevTools Remote Debugging
- Created Test Plan
- Started working on TC's
- First testing roud
- Functional and exploratory testing on Nightly 67.0a1 (2019-03-08)
- First test report is sent
- Please note that this email stands as a test report from “DevTools Remote Debugging” feature on Nightly 67. It is not a formal sign off, as the feature isn't going to ride the Fx67 train and the plan is to ship in Firefox 68. The implementation of this feature is not completed and currently does not require a pre-Beta sign-off.
- Meta bug: bug 1462208 - [meta] Remote debugging NG
21 Total; 11 Open (52.38%); 10 Resolved (47.62%); 0 Verified (0%);
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, criticals must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed
- There were no blockers found while testing this feature.
- All bugs are fixed and verified
Beta testing NA