QA/Fennec/Search widget for Firefox
- 1 Overview
- 2 Testing Summary
- 3 Testing details
- 4 Bug Work
- 5 Signoff
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that Search widget for Firefox is supported in Fennec.
[Done] : Nightly 67 in 3/15/2019
Scope of testing
The testing will be focus on the results of Search widget for Firefox with various devices. Widget Value Props: Making Search more accessible ⇒ increase search counts and overall browser users. Keep all search history in Firefox and not have it split between Firefox and chrome (through use of android/chrome search widget)
Testing will be performed on following devices:
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rk7e-3Tz1t0tYO33hQCGQ4goMt3BaSZnECDKcnsvgTM/edit - Search widget for Firefox
- https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/UJQJP4IC7WN#/screens - invision app
We should test to check the results of Search widget for Firefox with various devices.
All Test cases have passed and all P1 bugs are fixed.
- [link [Fx 67] Search widget for Firefox
- Created Test Plan
- Started working on TC's
- First testing round
- First test report is sent
- The sign-off is sent pre-beta
- Meta bug: bug 1518874 - [meta] Search widget for Firefox
26 Total; 5 Open (19.23%); 5 Resolved (19.23%); 16 Verified (61.54%);
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, criticals must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed
- There were no blockers found while testing this feature.
- There are still 3 issues (bug 1533634, 1535028, 1535030) that refer to the Leanplum dialog informing users about the search widget. These depend on configuration that is to be done by the Marketing team in Leamplum CMS.
There are also 2 new bugs (bug 1535418, 1535616) that do not block the main functionality but are rather edge cases.
Beta testing NA