QA/Firefox 4/QA/Account Manager Testplan
- 1 Feature Account Manager
- 2 Feature Release Readiness Assessment
- 3 Feature Documentation
- 4 Feature Bug Management
- 5 Feature Test Items
- 6 Feature Tests
- 7 Community Test Events
- 8 Feature Documentation Details
- 9 Feature Release Readiness Assessment Details
- 10 Feature Bug Management Details
- 11 Feature Test Items Details
- 12 Feature Tests Details
- 13 Community Test Events Details
Feature Account Manager
- Development Status: - In progress (July 13)
- Feature Testing: - In progress/ not landed (date)
- Team: Developer, QA contact 1, QA contact 2, Community Volunteer...
- Tracking Bugs:
The Account Manager project aims to produce:
* A protocol definition that sites can use to define their account-and-session management features in a format a web browser can understand. (The latest draft of the specification is here).
* An implementation of this protocol as a Firefox addon.
The goal is to help users manage the process of "connecting" to a site, in a way that allows us to use secure browser chrome, and supports multiple authentication mechanisms.
The account manager is an evolution of the Firefox password manager and the Weave identity components (OpenID + auto-login). It will help users manage logins and profile information for each site, and it will automate currently manual tasks such as signing up for sites, generating passwords, etc. The first prototype will have support for "traditional" login methods (e.g., form + cookie), but it will also have some support for OpenID/federated logins.
Creating a new identity framework is a non-goal of this project, although some new file formats and protocols are in scope (see below for details).
The table below provides a top level go/no go assessment of whether the feature is release ready for the given milestone.
|#Project_Wiki||Wiki Links to all feature related entries||ok ?|
|#Developer_Links (blogs)||Developer links to feature related sites||still need dev-doc|
|#Other_Docs||Web links to feature related sites|
|#Developer_QA_Review||Details from developer and qa discussions regarding feature test strategies and issues.|
|#Bug_Tracking||Top level bugs tracking feature|
|#Bug_Verification||Feature bugs that need verification|
|#Bug_Triage||Links triage bug tasks|
The table below provides a breakdown of all feature items that should be covered and how they will be tested. Not all items will be covered by internal QA team members. It is important to list what should be covered. If it is not covered, list it as not covered.
Note: not all items listed below will apply for a given feature
|Test Item||Description||Covered By||Status|
|Item 1||Item 1 Description||Developer Tests|
|Item 2||Item 2 Description||Beta tester exposure|
|#Topsites||Top internet sites compatibilities|
|#Developer_Tests||Links to automated developer tests|
|#Mozmill_Tests||Links to automated mozmill feature test cases|
|#Smoke_Tests||link to smoke tests|
|#Regression_Tests||link to BFT and/or regression tests|
|#Functional_Tests||link to FFT and/or complete functional tests|
|#Testdays||Links to test day event results for feature|
|#Bugdays||Links to bug day event results for feature|
|#Meetups||Links to Meetup events for feature|
- tracking marked as doc needed
Developer QA Review
The QA person responsible for the feature should hold a formal interview with the lead developer or feature champion. Below are questions that should be asked in the interview:
- Do we have automated tests for the feature?
- What do they cover?
- What do they not cover?
- How well do they cover the feature?
- What are the important areas we should focus on?
- What are the dependencies?
- What is our comfort level with this feature in its current state?
- What feedback would you like from QA?
at risk ?
- Top level bugs tracking feature. Include any relevant bug queries that are helpful for tracking feature status.
|bug 571409||Tracking Bug|
- Feature bugs that need verification
- Bug triage information
- Testing of the Account Manager in various Localization Builds like P1 Localizations
- asking marco for a11y tests
- Details of plugins compatibility test requirements
- Account Manager will be included in Firefox 4 - addon testing maybe required for the Account Manager Addon ?
- Top Site planned with Crash Automation
- Links to automated developer tests
- links to litmus smoke tests or description
- links to litmus BFT and/or regression tests description
- links to litmus FFT and/or complete functional tests description
- Testday Planned as soon as feature lands
- Feature will be new in Firefox 4, so no Bugday Planned before the Release.
- Plan to present the Feature at the Meetup in Munich