QA/Firefox 4/Test Plan/Sync/
- 1 Firefox Sync
- 2 Release Readiness Assessment
- 3 Documentation
- 4 Bug Management
- 5 Test Items
- 6 Tests
- 7 Community Test Events
- 8 Documentation Details
- 9 Release Readiness Assessment Details
- 10 Bug Management Details
- 11 Test Items Details
- 12 Tests Details
- 13 Community Test Events Details
- Development Status: - In progress (6/25)
- Feature Testing: - In progress (6/25)
- Team: Developer: mconnor, mardak QA contact: tracy, tchung
- Tracking Bugs: Top level Blocker bug 571896
This test plan is for Firefox Sync 1.4/1.5 and it's integration into Firefox 4
The table below provides a top level go/no go assessment of whether the feature is release ready for the given milestone.
|#Fx Sync 1.4||On track for Target release of June 29th?|
|#Fx Sync 1.5||tbd|
|#Beta1||Sync is not slated for inclusion in this beta|
|#Beta2||targeting Sync landing for this release|
|#Project_Wiki||Wiki Links to all feature related entries|
|#Developer_Links (blogs)||Developer links to feature related sites|
|#Other_Docs||Web links to feature related sites|
|#Developer_QA_Review||Details from developer and qa discussions regarding feature test strategies and issues.|
|#Bug_Tracking||Top level bugs tracking feature|
|#Bug_Verification||Feature bugs that need verification|
|#Bug_Triage||Links triage bug tasks|
The table below provides a breakdown of all feature items that should be covered and how they will be tested. Not all items will be covered by internal QA team members. It is important to list what should be covered. If it is not covered, list it as not covered.
Note: not all items listed below will apply for a given feature
|Test Item||Description||Covered By||Status|
|#Fx Sync 1.4||Firefox Sync 1.4 extension||tracy, tchung||tbd|
|#Fx Sync 1.5||Firefox Sync 1.5 extension||tracy, tchung||tbd|
|#Integration||Firefox Sync integration into Fx 4||tracy, tchung||tbd|
|#Plugins||Plugins compatibility||not tested|
|#Topsites||Top internet sites compatibilities||not tested|
|#Developer_Tests||Links to automated developer tests|
|#Mozmill_Tests||Links to automated mozmill feature test cases|
|#Smoke_Tests||link to smoke tests|
|#Regression_Tests||link to BFT and/or regression tests|
|#Functional_Tests||link to FFT and/or complete functional tests|
|#Testdays||Links to test day event results for feature|
|#Bugdays||Links to bug day event results for feature|
|#Meetups||Links to Meetup events for feature|
- Project wiki page
Developer QA Review
To be done - Ask mconnor to answer the following questions:
- Do we have automated tests for the feature? yes
- What do they cover?
- What do they not cover?
- How well do they cover the feature?
- What are the important areas we should focus on?
- What is your comfort level with this Sync in its current state?
- What feedback would you like from QA?
Fx Sync 1.4
On track for target readiness of June 29th
Fx Sync 1.5
Sync targeted for inclusion on Fx 4.0 beta 2
Sync is not scheduled to make beta1
- Front end: UI and feature complete
- Sync integrated into Fx
- Sync integrated into mobile
- Back end: Stable and able to support 10 million users
- Top level bugs tracking feature. Include any relevant bug queries that are helpful for tracking feature status.
|bug 571896||Project level blocker bug|
|Blocker/Critical bugs||Current blocker or critical bugs|
|Open bugs||All open Sync bugs|
|unverified bugs||Fixed bugs needing QA verification|
|unconfirmed bugs||Bugs needing triage|
|qawanted bugs||bugs with QA needs|
|in-litmus? bugs||bugs requesting a manual test case be created|
- Details of localization test requirements - tbd
- Details of feature accessibility test requirements - tbd
- Links to automated developer tests
Mozmill testing of this feature is not planned for the immediate future (this release)
Weave 1.0 test suite is available. This suite will coincide with continued Sync extension development. As Sync lands on Fx 4, test groups for Sync will be added to the Firefox 4 test suite.
- can be found on Litmus
- * can be found on Litmus
- can be found on Litmus
- Links to test day event results for feature - date tbd
- Links to bug day event results for feature - date tbd
- Links to Meetup events for feature include in Fx4 meet-up?