QA/Password manager login metadata
|Feature||Nightly||Aurora||Beta||RC||Release Target||Dev Lead||QA Lead||QA Status|
|Show login metadata in password manager UI||Landed||Landed||Landed||On Track||Firefox 32||Justin Dolske||Andrei Vaida||Signed-off|
The Login Manager has been recording various metadata for a while, but this data was not made visible in the UI. Given the recent Heartbleed attack, it has been decided that specific metadata fields will be unhidden by default and displayed in the Password Manager's UI, with an option to unhide a couple of other similar fields.
The following metadata fields were introduced in the Password Manager's UI:
- First Used - hidden by default
- Last Used - visible by default
- Last Changed - visible by default
- Times Used - hidden by default
Other fields that are visible by default in the Password Manager:
The Password Manager can be accessed by following either:
Menu Panel > Options > Security > "Saved Passwords..."
about:preferences page > Security > "Saved Passwords..."
- Main tracking bug: Bug 998081
- Other recent fixes affecting the Password Manager:
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the blocker, critical, major bugs have been fixed.
Firefox 32 Aurora Sign-off (2014/06/13)
- Performed exploratory testing and ran test cases on: Windows 7 64-bit, Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit and Mac OS X 10.9.2.
- No issues found.
Firefox 32 Beta Sign-off (2014/07/17)
- Ran the associated test cases on: Windows 7 64-bit, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32-bit and Mac OS X 10.9.4.
- No issues found, test results can be found in MozTrap.
Firefox 32 Release Sign-off (2014/08/22)
- No issues found while testing this feature across platforms on the beta channel.