Schedule / Location / Call Information
- Tuesday, 6/19/2012 @ 9:00 am PT
- Mozilla Mountain View: Warp Core, 3rd floor
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=UK1zyrd7Vhym (please mute)
Other communication channels
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for back channel
- This etherpad for real-time notes
- 5/31 Final RC go to build given
- 6/5 Release date, unthrottled
- 6/7 Throttled to evaluate feedback
- 6/15 13.0.1 released, Fully unthrottled
- bug 90268 – move plugins to content - plugins should withstand a reframe of the object frame
- bug 724781 – Java related crash with deleted this | [@ nsPluginInstanceOwner::Destroy() ] [@ nsObjectFrame::SetInstanceOwner(nsPluginInstanceOwner*) ]
- bug 719117 – Crash @ mozalloc_abort | NS_DebugBreak_P | nsIFrame::GetOffsetToCrossDoc with abort message: "###!!! ABORT: trying to get the offset between frames in different document hierarchies?"
- bug 759788
- bug 760190 – OOM crash in `anonymous namespace'::CSSParserImpl::ParseSelector or ParseSelectorGroup
- bug 757262 – Youtube keeps playing audio after closing
- bug 764546 – Temporary fix for: Hotmail no longer auto-updates (due to "globalStorage" removal)
- bug 756850 – Some combinations of Hebrew vowels and consonants not displayed in certain fonts with harfbuzz
- bug 747683 – [adbe 3172259] Crash Report [@ LdrShutdownProcess ] with Flash 11.3 "Protected Mode for Firefox"
- bug 733614 – CSS 'height' property on a multi-column block is not respected
- Is there anything that could have been done to mitigate the third-party crash-spill?
- Is there anything QA can do to inform third-party QA processes? Are/can they be QAing their own software with the "next" Firefox release?
- What is the cause of slow uptake rate since 13.0.1 was released unthrottled?
- Similar slow uptake was seen after 10.0.1 chemspill was unthrottled on February 12.
- Possibly a seasonal difference -- slower uptake in winter and summer than in spring?
- After a chemspill, users still on previous major must download a full update (~20MB) instead of partial (~8-10MB).
- We are still upgrading old versions to 12.0 first, for OS compatibility notification.
- Cover new Firefox changes as part of channel meetings after m-c->m-a uplift
- Add Windows Messenger to our test plans
- Perform more exploratory testing around a regression when deciding to wontfix
- Follow up with engineering about nominating critical bugs (bug 756856)
- Leave backouts to the engineers (bug 733614)
- Follow up on slow uptake of FF13.0.1