From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« last meeting | index | next meeting »

SeaMonkey Meeting Details


  • Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty

Action Items

(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.


  • We need bug 483980 back-ported from trunk to fix our History Import bug bug 484175. Ratty to raise the issue in


  • Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says: "We don't have a good estimate for when GLS will be opening up more broadly, but I will be sure to let you know when we take that step. Sorry that I can not be more specific at this time." - We can only wait right now.


SeaMonkey 2 Beta 1

Bug Queries

open blockers (0) all blockers (2) blocker requests (0)

  • Triage of the remaining blocker nominations?
  • Beta 1 freeze today at 23:50 PDT
  • Blocker bug 484175 (History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working): how can we progress? Do we need to really block this Beta on that problem?
    • The fix depends on back-porting bug 483980 from trunk back to 1.9.1.
    • Nobody else seems to have noticed the problem (no duplicates) and there is a workaround.
    • No objections to moving this bug from b1+ to b1- and b2+ and to relnote it.
  • We need start a wiki page to list the things we should relnote for B2 including the password issue.
  • Tabmail is still missing. It needs a bit more work and reviews, but it's reaching a usable state. It will not make this beta so we will push this to b2.
  • We are ready to roll 2.0b1 builds as soon as we have L10n cutoff.

SeaMonkey 2 Beta 2

Bug Queries

open blockers (2) all blockers (2) blocker requests (3)

  • We might want to take bug 474701 depending on how it works out in Thunderbird.
  • Tabmail is the largest missing feature.
    • Prerequisite for Lightning which we would like to support in final.
  • According to Standard8 a rough estimate for the Thunderbird 3.0b4 cycle would be four to eight weeks.

Longer-Term SeaMonkey 2 Planning

open wanted (11) wanted requests (21)

Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 34 new, 15 fixed, 38 triaged.

Major wanted/needed features:

  • Download manager aftermath:
    • bug 474622 Enable action keys (Del, Enter, Space) and double click in new Download Manager - landed
    • bug 490464 Update the Download pref pane for use with new DLMGR - landed
  • Toolbar customization aftermath:
    • bug 481862 We still need small button icons for modern in MailNews. Ratty will work with Misak to get the small icons finished.
  • bug 460960 Port Thunderbird tabbed interface to MailNews.
    • A new patch has been submitted and is undergoing reviews. Most of the remaining issues are cosmetic.
  • bug 456757 Modern theme update. prometeo has stepped up to work on this.
    • No News.
  • bug 460699 Make the default theme look better on mac.
    • stefanh has done some work on Mac but hasn't posted anything new yet.
  • bug 348720 New icon set for "SeaMonkey Default Theme".
    • No News.
  • bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
    • We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
    • We probably need to move this item to either Beta2 or
  • bug 460953 Port jminta's kill-rdf to SeaMonkey where applicable.
    • There isn't any urgent need for progress on this as long as we don't break. It might be good for extensions if we to convert our folder pane to be JS-driven e.g. calendar wants to put items there.


Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).



  • Working on bug 503668 [port] bug 464770 - Pluggable filter lists.





  • Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
  • Blocker triaging.


  • A huge amount of work on the new release harness, the tooling is ready for Beta 1, the 1.9.1 tree is missing one patch we need, though.
  • Continued uploading of contributed builds for 1.1.17
  • As always, my blog has more detailed status about my work.


  • Attached patch to bug 495680 Problems with import of downloads.rdf after switch to toolkit download manager.
  • Found out what bug on mozilla-central fixed bug 484175 History Import from SeaMonkey 1.1.x is not working (related to places?), can probably port this to the 1.9.1 branch.





  • Bugs Fixed:
    • bug 490464 Update the Download pref pane for use with new DLMGR.
    • bug 501195 SM 2 trunk has quit honoring startup "mail and news" pref.
  • Working on:
    • bug 501095 Clean up appPicker's use of XUL.
    • bug 503478 Most context menu items unavailable outside of contentEditable area.


  • Bugs fixed:
    • bug 156734 embed objects not shown in page info preview.
    • bug 462997 On reload Current Build ID disappears from the title bar.
    • bug 491835 Add entry for allow/disable/remember geolocation to Permissions tab in Page Info (Waiting for tree to reopen before check-in).
    • bug 498153 Modern needs global/appPicker.css.
    • Fixed Modern global/richlistbox.css (part of bug 465924 Modern Update for global/)
  • Working on:
    • bug 491310 Port changes in the new Firefox Page Info implementation.
    • bug 481862 Small buttons for MailNews. Working on the CSS part.
  • Bug triage: PageInfo, Toolbar Customization, etc.
  • AgitProp and PR in


  • Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
    • bug 471505 [Windows] mochitest-plain: new 200 bytes leak on 2008-12-29; (Bv1) Set threshold back to 0.
  • And working on other areas... like:
    • infrastructure to run tests.
    • filing bugs for leaks in (TUnit) tests.
    • doing a Windows comm-central-trunk SeaMonkey unit test build, reporting to bug 470184 issue tracking; looking forward to an official build when enough new buildbot slaves can be enabled (bug 464325 follow-ups).



  • Fixed bug 488522 Both msgReadSMIMEOverlay and msgHdrViewOverlay re-import messenger.css so we have to do extra work to override styles in messenger.css.
  • Working on bug 249744 Use xbl instead of hard-coding image URIs in Help.


Any other business?

  • What do you think about doing a face-to-face SeaMonkey meeting?
    • We could use the donations MoFo keeps for us to pay for travel, accomodation, and venue.
    • Where and approximately when we could/should do it?