Tracking bug filed as bug 1294433.
- ewong (mentor: Callek)
NB: There was a total of 9 different builds and instead of listing them out here, this is what the (current) final branch of SEA_COMM490_20160927_RELBRANCH looks like:
venkman is no longer included in the release.
L10n revisions according to opt-ins as taken from the sign-off tool (and pushed ship-it).
WE ARE HERE
- Made sure all build machines have clean release directories.
- With clobberer
- Updated buildbot-configs for l10n and configs
- Updated and reconfigured buildmaster
- Kicked off with the following command:
bin/buildbot sendchange --username=ewong --master=localhost:9010 --branch=releases/comm-release -c "SeaMonkey 2.46build1" doit
- With the plethora of issues, please check the POST-MORTEM part(end of this doc.)
Update Version for stage scripts
On stage-old.mozilla.org, modified ~/versions.sh for the current release run.
Due to the change in our upload/download hosts, the whole update process on stage.mo have been updated. [This is, by far, the most difficult release I've done as everything after and including fakesign, needed to be updated to use the new upload/download hosts (S3)].
stage.mozilla.org has been decommissioned.
- We have no signing infrastructure for SeaMonkey right now, so I faked the signing step that is usually done after completion of builds and L10n repacks and before the update generation.
- Logged onto stage-old.mozilla.org and ran
- signing good
Send info to metrics
No longer needed to send info to metrics.
Updates and Verification
- _l10n_verify and updates started automatically, triggered by the fake-signing.
- L10n verification is mostly useless, since we have lots of expected changed strings.
- Update failed due to patcher path issues, but with a bit of magic, Callek unhorked it and it went green.
- Update Verification broke due to path issues in verify.sh. Changed reference paths in verify.sh and the workdir that verify.sh and the command to call verify.sh finally unhorked the verifications (particularly macosx64).
Copy Language Packs
langpackmove.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the langpacks into the directory we want them in for release.
zipcopy.sh as documented in 2.0b1 notes to move the Windows zips into the directory we want them in for release.
make-checksums.sh as documented in 2.0.3 notes, created MD5SUMS and SHA1SUMS files containing all files we release - copying the README from last time and replacing the versions as needed, as well as doing the same for Linux x86_64.
Push build to TrendMicro
I used the TrendMicro provided staging ftp directory to stage 2.15b2 win32 (all locales) for them to scan, and be sure there are no false-positives.
- Used |viruspush.sh| on stage for this.
E-mailed our TrendMicro contact to let him know of the new version available on their FTP server.
Push To Mirrors
mirrorpush.sh as documented in 2.0.3 notes to finally push the files to the public dir for mirrors to pick them up.
Used 'Force Build' to start the final_verification builder; all tested URLs are HTTP 200 and 302 - ready for going public!
Push website updates Live
[Starting with SeaMonkey 2.35, we have migrated away from CVS, and so the old cvs method no longer works. Here's the new way:]
- Clone website (if not done)
- hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/SeaMonkey/seamonkey-project-org website
- cd website
- Import patch
- hg qimport <patch>
- Finish patch
- hg qfinish <patch>
- Push patch to website repo
[NO MORE CVS! YAY!]
Push Updates to the release Channel
Once website updates are live
On aus |/opt/aus2/snippets/staging/|:
~/bin/backupsnip Sea*2.46-build9 ~/bin/pushsnip Sea*2.46-build9
Send the announcement to newsgroups and about-mozilla.
Due to the length of the post-mortem, it's been moved here: Post Mortem