Support/Weekly Meetings/Agenda 2020-07-29
- 1 Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
- 2 Call Details
- 3 Participate
- 4 Please note that the agenda should not be edited starting 2 hours prior to the event - thanks!
- 5 PARTICIPANTS
- 6 AGENDA
- 6.1 CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
- 6.2 NEW CONTRIBUTORS FOR THE WEEK
- 6.3 COMMUNITY ROUNDTABLE
- 6.4 COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
- 6.5 UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) starting at: 17:00 UTC 
- California: 1-650-903-0800, pin 2 then 8437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Join the meeting on Zoom (You'll have to download and install the Zoom Desktop client)
- SUMO - Matrix channel
Please note that the agenda should not be edited starting 2 hours prior to the event - thanks!
Please add your name and profile link (if you have one, Mozillians or support.mozilla.org)
CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
(Please link to their profile and add a reason for nomination)
- Paul for working closely with the mobile team to ship the new Firefox for Android
- Jens and Alex Mayorga for their help on campaign localization
NEW CONTRIBUTORS FOR THE WEEK
Please add your agenda items here if you are a contributor or community member
COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Firefox 79 (if you encounter issues when helping users, please add them to the thread: Firefox 79 for Desktop - Release Notes / Issues / Discussions
- The new Firefox for Android (Check the FAQ and the announcement!)
- Firefox Relay beta invitation
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND LOCALIZATION
- Social Support Bootcamp update
- #StopHateForProfit campaign. How to turn off push notification:
- Campaign is coming soon!
DECISIONS AND ACTION ITEMS
FUN ZONE - JOKES, ETC.
- 19 years ago today, I asked my first support question about Netscape. I stuck around, learned about Netscape, its relationship to Mozilla, got more involved in Mozilla, and the rest is history. It's pretty cool that Usenet is archived.
- A massive thank you to Chris for his continuing efforts to help the SUMO community.