Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Planning for a dry-run security firedrill build
- Thunderbird security review completed last week.
- Now in String freeze
- Schedule (proposed, may change):
- Code Freeze for RC1: 2009-10-30 23:59 PST
- L10n deadline: 2009-11-02 23:59 PST
- RC1 builds start on: 2009-11-03
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 17 (+11)
- Wanted Thunderbird 3: 272
- Fixed RC1
- TB 3.0rc1 - blocking: 63 (+24)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- If you see what look like theme/css issues, especially on Windows, please file a bug, with a screenshot, and the version of Windows you're running. Tag it with a "polish" keyword, and nominate it for blocking-tb3?.
Last week :
- regular bugday not much to say
- volume of bugmail is getting up - if you want to help with bugs get in touch with email@example.com.
This week :
- regular bugday event - join you are more then welcome :-)
- Initial 2. to 3.0 migration pushed up a week to be able to get more traction.
- Press tour is scheduled for France/Germany and Japan October 23 - 30.
- Web site l10n hand-off this week.
- Windows 7 SDK
- Mac Minis green in staging
(Sorry for the lack of links - MDC is broken at the moment)
- Tutorial updates (new tools on AMO)
- update MDC with status of Account Wizard
- hooks for message header view (490042) / more msg header stuff (466025, 480623)
- new bug for debugging issues? (and close 420317?)
- TB usage of XUL elements, content-in-a-tab
- Mission control / autoconfig: MDC
- collapsed threads (496244 454829)
- activity manager (257942)
- folders (414038)
On hold (pending future dev):
Done / cleared:
- Top 5 GS Thunderbird 2 Support Topics (code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190923 ) basically the same as last week, more problems reported ths week with sending email
- Cannot send email
- Cannot receive email
- Cannot read old email (compact folders seems to fix it, sometimes have to create new profile and migrate old email into new profile)
- Snow Leopard 1 Hendrix and 1 GS report of email opening slowly
- Attachments (attachments not working, corrupted)
- Thunderbird 3 Beta Top Support Issues (not many reported, starting to monitor to see what we can improve for post 3.0)
- minor dictionary issues: missing British English Dictionary and Australian Dictionary not working
- SUMO for MoMo tracker ticket: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=520628, depends on bugs to be filled in today
- Will engage Campus Reps students in Thunderbird support - call for volunteers email will go out this week
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- approximately 15 / day (110/7)
- total new topics:110 total replies: 74 (Ruby Code)
- date:20090929 #new support topics:14 resolved:4
- date:20090930 #new support topics:16 resolved:7
- date:20091001 #new support topics:21 resolved:7
- date:20091002 #new support topics:15 resolved:7
- date:20091003 #new support topics:6 resolved:5
- date:20091004 #new support topics:4 resolved:0
- date:20091005 #new support topics:4 resolved:0
- #replies from non MoMo folks: 7 from Lightning folks (thanks Martin and Philipp!) 3 from Thomas (thanks!) 1 from TMZ (thanks) MoMo folks: 43 from Roland, 13 from Mark Banner (thanks!)
- happiness metric: API doesn't have happiness emotitags, asked GS staff about that, code in progress: http://gist.github.com/190094, manual happiness metric = 71 - 43 = 28, will incorporate hendrix for next week
- Reviews and Driving
- Provided input for an attended security review
- bug 519951 Closing a contentTab leaks an nsBrowserStatusFilter and others.
- bug 338549 Mailnews account password prompts at startup no longer serial.
- Got POP3 patch almost ready for review.
- Proposed patch for bug 447927 Additional Email field of address book entries not included in address autocompletion (after updating patches on bug 455714 and then finding I couldn't actually use them).
- Was on vacation.
- Working on blockers with a focus on gloda correctness.
- Reviews and Driving
- Fix bug 497338, 2.0 folders with unread view show as 0 in view menu
- Fixed leak of cloned view when toggling between threaded and not, bug 519736
- Pass along size retrieved when fetching body for offline use, in case size has changed, as it can with Exchange, and truncate offline store when newly downloaded offline msg is too small, bug 518702
- Fix exception starting up in special folder mode w/ no matching folders, bug 506632
- Speed up move/copying of multiple offline store messages by not reopening streams between messages, bug 519979
- Don't force close db's on module shutdown, fixes shutdown crashes, bug 513315
- Fix issues handling IMAP uid's > 0x7FFFFFFF, bug 518918
- topcrash and crash filing, researching, and tracking. see QA updates
- gloda inducing crashes appear to be the new wildcard
- steady landings of crash patches generally speaking, so looking good
- triage, notably search, Mac sev=crit+major, and blocking-TB3+ QAWANTED
- now is the time to push any more bug 442222 Thunderbird 3 credits via credits webform
- SeaMonkey 2.0 driving - looking good for code freeze today midnight PDT and RC1 building tomorrow or the day after
- Attended MozCamp Prague
- Plans on getting KompoZer join comm-central are becoming more concrete, target is SeaMonkey 2.1 / Gecko 1.9.3, could influence Thunderbird HTML message compose
last week :
- attended the bug day.
- attended the Prague devday:
- Gave a talk about Tb3
- Demoed - New account setup, Search etc ..
- got very positive feedback pointed people to post it to mdat.
- attended the Moz Eu camp in prague
- gave a talk with sipaq
- Room packed
- see above
- Localizer are eagerly waiting for web content
- gave a talk with sipaq
- Last week
- This week
- Header button size bug 519688
- Mac header button fixes bug 519822
- Feature change page look&feel bug 516884
- Polish for all themes
- Nordic characters test (http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/nordic_characters_in_html_mails_does_not_show_correctly?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification )
- give some older issues some updating
- Closed bug 519429, bug 518171, and bug 516572.
- Posted patches to bug 519413, bug 490430, and bug 518586.
- Reviewed bug 511417, bug 518840, bug 519110, and bug 519916.
- Created bug 519464, bug 519982, and bug 520167.
- Continue to help students with ISPDB.
- More work on bug 518586, bug 515371, and the rest of my blockers.
- General autoconfig error-handling cleanup.
- Eventually adding myself:
- From now on, I'll report (here) when I fix MailNews Core (or Thunderbird) bugs.
- In case someone doesn't know, I'm from the SeaMonkey team.
- Attended EU MozCamp 2009 in Prague.