|Lanikai 3.1 Beta 2||Thunderbird 3.0.5|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- M. Wada for all the good work he's been doing in analyzing bugs.
- jcranmer for his awesome code coverage visualizations that show how much better our test coverage has gotten over time!
- flag nomination restriction proposal status
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel cake builds rescheduled for this Wednesday midnight to Thursday midnight. Requires web site updates for launch.
- cancel install survey for funnel cake.
- Still need help with the following ISPs s.kyushu-u.ac.jp, ipc.shizuoka.ac.jp, wp.pl, o2.pl, neuf.fr, seznam.cz. 30% - 35% success rate on ISP setup.
- Will blog post uninstall survey results later this week.
Lanikai Beta 2
- Slipped; waiting on migration assistant bug 545563 and new quick search bug 545955.
- Current plan is string/code/feature freeze ASAP after they land. See this post for details.
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Gecko date tentatively set for May 11
- TB 3.0.5 will probably follow suit, may release 1/2 day later (TBD).
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- Had a cleanup database day last week.
- Having a regular cleanup bug database day This Thursday.
- Waiting for more firm dates to organize 3.1b2 testing.
- Thunderbird Coverage Snapshot - Tue 4/13/10 plus a few more today
- 6.1MM ADUs, 34% on Thunderbird 3.x as of 4/12.
- Completed messaging for 2.x eol/2.x to 3.x on start page, download page, DevNews. Likely will do another round of communication to reach out to enterprises.
- Thunderbird autoconfig now detects google hosted domains (bug 491543) until gecko learns to perform DNS TXT/MX lookups bug 545866
- Thunderbird FunnelCake builds are ready
- SpreadThunderbird drupal security fix (SA-CONTRIB-2010-036)
- blog post on to contribute to support doc effort
- bug - "or" in search
- new general FAQ
- working with guy working on autoconfig
- GS / KB process
- signature article (bug)
- edit and make report article live
- Yahoo! KB article: Yahoo! address book
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script posted, hopefully DavidA can find time to film with Rainer next time he's in MV
- SuMoMo - trunk on SUMO 1.5.2 [tracker bug 552708],found a day 1 header bug with DE, will upgrade production to 1.5.2 this week - 108K visits +3%, US +10.7%, DE -2%, JP -1%, FR, UK, CA, IT, NL, AU, etc.
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix - normal week - 464 new topics (474), Sadness up: 66% (65%) - GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- hot & active topics: 16,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/where_did_display_images_go ; 15,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_does_the_adaptive_junk_filter_work ;14,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/thunderbird_3_mixes_headers_from_one_email_with_content_from_another ; 10,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/text_coding_problem ; 9,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/alice_and_thunderbird ; 9,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/link_in_thunderbird_email_wont_open_in_browser (getactive.rb)
- contributors - 38 matt_678579 of Australia (v); 20,mark banner; 15 david bienvenu;17, bob waller(v);68, Archaeopteryx (v);17, rkent (volunteer) ; 18, DavRo (v); 28, Roland Tanglao;15, wsmwk (v);54, Xenos aka chrisramsden (v); 8, dedalus aka :Aureliano Buendía (v)(gethappykludged.rb)
- new contributors - always looking for new contributors, roland AT mozillamessaging.com OR #gsfn irc.mozilla.org nick:rolandtanglao - in particular looking for moderators who can look at others' replies and close topics & "support metadata fixers" who can fix tags and titles to make them accurate and searchable
- new / closed topics Monday-Sunday: Mon 73/8, Tue 82/17, Wed 57/21, Thu 68/18, Fri 58/4, Sat 38/5, Sun 25/8 (getNumCreatedNumResolved.rb)
- Biweekly GS Triage Meeting - next Meeting Monday April 19, 2010 10a.m. Pacific x4401 - please tag GS topics 'review' for high user pain topics
Working on Lightning nightly 1l0n stuff again, I have some good ideas how it could be solved in a general way.
Aside from that, lots of reviews and some minor patch work. A blog post about past progress should be coming up soon.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.