last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 3||Thunderbird 3.1.10|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, March 15, 2011 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- On hold, pending download page optimizations.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- The patches I'd been working on landed, which means I was able to make conversation tabs persist across restarting Thunderbird, and remove ~200 lines of redundant code.
- Did a round of small fixes, ready to release Thunderbird Conversations 2.0a3 at the same time Thunderbird 3.3a3 is announced.
- See http://twitter.com/#!/mozjonathan/ there's a candidate build for a3, give it a try and report any bugs to me.
Compose in a tab
- No progress this week, but should release a new version shortly.
Ubuntu Unity Integration
- Unity Launcher extension has hit Labs
- Messaging Menu and Unity Launcher extensions will hopefully be in Ubuntu Natty packages this week
- Begun work on syncing contacts with Ubuntu One
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Alpha 3 - releasing today or tomorrow.
- First release where we've run unit tests on the release builds on all supported platforms (only two failures, both known intermittent, reported)
- Trunk version bumped to 3.3a4pre - the next preview release is expected to be a beta release, but using alpha for now in case we slip in another alpha release.
- Branching for mozilla-2.0
- thread on tb-planning, feedback wanted.
- Probably going ahead with it this week.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Schedule for 3.1.10 is now up.
- Updater fixes now landed which will hopefully resolve the update issues we've been seeing (with mis-matched versions).
- SQLite upgraded to 3.7.4 which should fix a topcrash we've been seeing.
- Bug Lists: 3.1
- Maintaining Bugzilla
- tester's mailing list is low traffic you should subscribe to be warned when testing is going on.
- The QA page is going under a lot of maintenance old content is available here
- PR Update: Several articles still around Backing up Mail, [E-mail tricks for greater productivity Email tricks for greater productivity], and mentions w/ Mozilla Firefox 4 launch as they're in the West Coast part of their press tour
- Making the PR rounds with Alpha 3.
- Thunderbird ADUS: 6.9MM with 1.3MM in Germany and 1MM in US.
- Testing out some Facebook promotion on the Mozilla Firefox page, F1 got 1,393 likes and over 110 comments via a post last Sunday.
- We saw a slight bump in downloads after the promotion.
- More staging work
- More storage stability work
- production web moved to python2.6 & mod_wsgi
- trac.mozillamessaging.com decommissioned
Build / Release Update
- Miramar 3.3a3
- Try Server
- Progress on bug 634030 to upgrade to Firefox release automation
- We're using a pretty old flavour, and we're looking forward to upgrading - we get lots of nice features from the new release automation.
- Image migration for Kitsune done
- Forked kitsune in preparation for further changes, and started figuring out what those changes are(Application names need changing, etc) ( https://github.com/Sancus/kitsune )
- set up json log for davidb bug 632639
- started working on mozillamessaging.com site optimizations
- done: English-language content migration from sumomo to kitsune
- images seem imported - all good?
- We're working on tracking changes, until we're live with Kitsumi
- Shout out to Karen and Mike for their help getting the content migrated.
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 665 new support topics (not sure why traffic is so high, last week 763) - Media:7-13March2011-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Kitsune KB migration: [Project Plan], English content except for 15 images moved over, prelim sneak peek given to locale leaders for popular locales:JP,DE,NL,ES,FR; plan is to get localizers to start localizing this week
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- side project: have 670MB mongodb database (20July2009-11March2011) with Get Satisfaction Thunderbird support topics using mongoSlurpGS.rb Got mongodb, real time dashboard or data visualization skills? want to help? email roland AT mozillamessaging.com
- Shout out to new Get Satisfaction contributor, BlueBearComic! Thanks for all helping Thunderbird users and welcome!
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.