Thunderbird meeting notes 2015-06-02. NOON PT (Pacific). Check https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings for meeting time conversion, previous meeting notes and call-in details
rkent, Fallen, jorgk, margoagpinto, mkmelin, paenglab, wsmwk, aceman, sshagarwal, joes1
Action items from last meetings
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
How can we keep Thunderbird relevant with competitors like Geary Discourage new email clients with small teams? (Mailpile, Postbox also come to mind).
And speaking of Postbox ... we plan to have discussion soon about more active cooperation.
- Last call for issues prior to 38.0 I am not aware of any blockers, plan to build Wednesday.
Critical bugs. Leave these here until they're confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- AMO compatibility bump! (is not going to happen)
- In general, the tracking-tb38 flag http://mzl.la/1EOx9Tm shows critical issues.
- maildir UI: nothing more to do for UI, still want to land a patch for letting IMAP set this.
removing from critical list/fixed:
- 31.6.0 shipped
- 38.0b3 shipped 2015-04-26 Sunday
- 38.0b4 shipped 2015-05-03 Sunday
- 31.7.0 2015-05-18 Monday (lots of issues - Tues 5-12 was target)
- 38.0b5 shipped 2015-05-19 Tuesday
- 38.0b6 shipped 5/23
- 38.0 final 2015-06-03?
- 31.8.0 2015-06-20~ GTB
Lightning to Thunderbird Integration
- As underpass has pointed out repeatedly (thanks for your patience!) , we need to rewrite / heavily modify the lightning articles on support.mozilla.org. let me know irc: rolandtanglao on #tb-support-crew or rtanglao AT mozilla.com OR simply start editing the articles
- We need to fill the "Learn More" page with content, possibly point it to something more specific bug 1159682
- Opt-out dialog: change "disable" to "remove" bug 1159698
- tracking bug for lightning 4.0 bug 1153752
- creating moztrap tests for new features
- Getting started on GSoC project.
- Trying to understand xpcom components and figure out how to write a dummy protocol to use with Skinkglue.
- Jorg K: Release notes? I think more bugs should go on the list that we currently have. We will consider those with more than 3 votes ;-)
- rkent: Should we consider enabling maildir as default on trunk? Use ifdef to only compile on trunk.
- I think maildir still too untested to set as default, even on trunk (JoeS1)
- Can we wait with that until after getting feedback from testers of it on TB38? (aceman)
- aceman: still no luck in getting Extra folder columns addon disabled (= limited compatibility to <=37.x) on AMO?
- aceman: also somebody should at least comment on the "Send filter" addon on AMO that the feature is in base TB. It may conflict.
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR