Thunderbird notes 2015-09-22. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- rkent, JorgK, aceman (no mic), mkmelin, MakeMyDay, clokep, jcranmer, marcoagpinto
Action items from last meetings
- Get release documentation into wiki
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- 38.2.0 #users: 6.6M on 9/14, 5.8M 9/7, 4.7M 8/27, 3.7M 8/24 and 31.7.0 is 2.5M
- use https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues to communicate version 38 issues
- Tree status issues: https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/tree-status
- General fragility / poor condition of beta and nightly tree buildability - hurts testing, puts beta users at security risk, results in landings in clumps hurting QA and regression hunting ^^ (Even though we have great people working on these issues .. do we need more??)
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- see tb38 etherpad https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues
- tracking-tb38 flags
- needs assignee after solution identified - bug 1196662 not checking mails after hibernation, caused by core bug 1178890 (and we may be seeing other issues from 1178890, like hangs) - Aryx is on it and the fix should be now in m-c.
- aceman is assignee - bug 1183490 - (dataloss) New emails do not adhere to sort by order received
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status ??? - bug 1176748 - Someone needs to add additional main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato have in previous years been the major drivers of fixes)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below
removing from critical list/fixed:
Critical for TB42 and beyond:
- bug 1193200 - Blocker: Permissions manager/Remote content exceptions - Magnus and Aceman looking into it.
- 38.0.1 nominally shipped 2015-06-12
- 38.1.0 shipped 2015-07-10
- 31.8.0 shipped 2015-07-17
- 40.0beta shipped 2015-07-27 (skipping 39.0b)
- 38.2.0 shipped 2015-08-14
- 41.0b1 2015-09-08 build2. missed ~2015-08-10
- 41.0b2 (with uplifts for 38.3.0)
- 42.0beta ~2015-09-23
- 38.3.0 ~2015-09-25
- Still need help rewriting SUMO help articles on Lightning
- bug 772796 - M-C editor problem, TB papercut - landed, got backed out (e10s crash). Fixed version awaiting review.
- bug 1174452 - M-C editor problem, copy/paste - "white-space: pre;" - currently stalled, up next.
- M-C spellchecker dictionary problems: bug 717433, bug 1200533, bug 697981, bug 1193293, bug 1204147, bug 1204540 - landed, bug 1205983 awaiting review.
- bug 1197687 - Font menu again, Neil took over.
- bug 1197686 - jsmime fails on long reference headers: landed.
- I finally got around to get commit privileges! ;)
- trying to understand the silent downconvert to plain text bugs (like bug 414299, bug 1204379)
Will be testing a try build of the above Aceman work Looked good so far, bur there are many combinations of failure to test continuing...
- Discussions with Postbox
- Discussions with Pretty Easy Privacy
- Discussions with Mozilla (Mark Surman gone silent again)
- m.d.s.policy proposal to remove S/MIME certificate support
- Thunderbird HTML/JS version discussion
- Still behind on reviews
- Poked on some JS code
- Asuth asked after an NNTP client, so I'm throwing something together there quickly
- WebIDL TCPSocket landed, Worker TCPSocket should be soon!
- I've got some prototype low-level code to be able to rewrite NNTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP over TCPSockets, retaining features like non-UTF-8 8-bit email, protocol logging, etc.
- You can now use testing-only modules on Mozmill tests!
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- Support lead
- Accessibility lead
- beta and aurora release bug tenders for managing what's needed so releases can be built on schedule
- persons comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Revise lightning articles on SUMO: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=lightning&language=en-US&category=10&category=20&product=thunderbird&sortby_documents=relevance&a=1&w=1 - to query articles that needs change: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/kb-overview?product=thunderbird