Thunderbird notes 2015-10-06. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- fallen, makemyday, rkent, jorgk, wsmwk,
Action items from last meetings
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- 38.2.0 #users: 6.6M on 9/14, 5.8M 9/7, 4.7M 8/27, 3.7M 8/24 and 31.7.0 is 2.5M
- use https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues to communicate version 38 issues
- Tree status issues: https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/tree-status
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- see tb38 etherpad https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues
- tracking-tb38 flags
- 38.3.1 bug 1211160 — NEW, firstname.lastname@example.org — Thunderbird Version 38.3 Buttons not working menu items // bug 1211291 - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- 42.0b1 - bug 1199957 Thunderbird hangs (addon manager, web content, cache)
- backout of cause done in m-c, approved for m-b and m-a. Just need to do.
- nightly - bug 1195442 - Mac builds broken ~1 month on nightly
- rkent is working on it - bug 1183490 - (dataloss) New emails do not adhere to sort by order received
- Plan is to understand issues in converting completely to nextKey = ++lastKey for non-IMAP, then plan how much to implement for 38.3.0 A simple fix of the dataloss is probable. I have a try patch that does the nextKey = ++lastKey that works, now I need to think about patch for 38
important (not top critical)
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status ??? - bug 1176748 - Someone needs to add additional main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato have in previous years been the major drivers of fixes)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below
removing from critical list/fixed:
- uplifted to 38.3.0 - bug 1196662 not checking mails after hibernation, caused by core bug 1178890 (and we may be seeing other issues from 1178890, like hangs) -
Critical for TB42 and beyond:
- bug 1193200 - Blocker - FIXED: Permissions manager/Remote content exceptions - landed Sept 27th, 2015 on TB44.
- 38.0.1 nominally shipped 2015-06-12
- 38.1.0 shipped 2015-07-10
- 31.8.0 shipped 2015-07-17
- 40.0beta shipped 2015-07-27 (skipping 39.0b)
- 38.2.0 shipped 2015-08-14
- 41.0b1 2015-09-08 build2. missed ~2015-08-10
- 41.0b2 (with uplifts for 38.3.0)
- 42.0beta ~2015-09-23
- 38.3.0 ~2015-09-25
- Still need help rewriting SUMO help articles on Lightning
- bug 772796 - M-C editor problem, TB papercut - landed a 2nd time.
- bug 1174452 - M-C editor problem, copy/paste - "white-space: pre;" - currently stalled, up next.
- M-C spellchecker dictionary problems done: seven bugs landed. bug 1209414 (test) - ongoing.
- bug 1203957 - C-C language indicator update when dictionary removed - awaiting review.
- bug 1211261 - C-C activity manager not notified when "before junk" rule applied on POP - awaiting review.
- bug 1211344 - Hunt down M-C regression: Mail Account Setup panel broken.
- Meeting in Toronto Oct 28 and 29 with Mark Surman.
- We need to re-elect the Thunderbird Council sometimes soon, following processes that are acceptable to Mozilla. May want to learn from the successes (and failures) of the Reps processes.++++
- shipping and related issues
clokep (not here)
- Box seems to be completely broken in 38.3 (bug 1045845?/bug 1202244?)
- Could not create a new account
- Could not upload with an old account
- I've started looking at fixing up this code...hopefully will have a fix soon.
- new account provisioner: Are there currently any providers other than Gandi? Would it be worth trying to find some more?
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- Support lead
- Accessibility lead
- beta and aurora release bug tenders for managing what's needed so releases can be built on schedule
- persons comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Revise lightning articles on SUMO: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=lightning&language=en-US&category=10&category=20&product=thunderbird&sortby_documents=relevance&a=1&w=1 - to query articles that needs change: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/kb-overview?product=thunderbird