Thunderbird notes 2015-11-03. NOON PT (Pacific). For meeting time, previous notes and call-in details see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings
- rkent, Pegasus_RPG, aceman, mkmelin, Paenglab, wsmwk, berna, clokep, Jorg K , MakeMyDay, Fallen
Action items from last meetings
Friends of the tree
Current status and discussions
- Etherpads have moved: see list of etherpad names at https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird and https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/calendar
- use https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird38-support-issues to communicate version 38 issues
- Tree status issues: https://public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/thunderbird-tree-status
Leave critical bugs here until confirmed fixed. If confirmed, then remove.
- tracking-tb38 flags
- 38.3.1 bug 1211160 calendar 220.127.116.11 is a workaround for 38.3.0 — Thunderbird Version 38.3 Buttons not working menu items // bug 1211291 - Folders are visible, but messages are not. (?related to bug 1211358 lightning chrome.manifest not updated in 38.3.0 ?)
- nightly (3 bugs blocking builds, all are assigned) - bug 1195442 - Mac builds broken ~1 month on nightly
- rkent is working on it - bug 1183490 - (dataloss) New emails do not adhere to sort by order received
- Plan is to understand issues in converting completely to nextKey = ++lastKey for non-IMAP, then plan how much to implement for 38.3.0 A simple fix of the dataloss is probable. I have a try patch that does the nextKey = ++lastKey that works, now I need to think about patch for 38 (bug 1202105 needs to go to trunk and 38)
- update 2015-10-20, patches have been posted but waiting for reviews for 2 weeks (aceman will look at those)
important (not top critical)
- status TBD - bug 1182629 - update to 38.1.0 from 38.0.1 re-enables disabled Lightning
- status TBD - bug 1176399 - Multiple master password when GMail OAuth2 is enabled
- status ??? - bug 1176748 - Someone needs to add additional main thread proxies to the migration code (jorgk and m_kato have in previous years been the major drivers of fixes)
- topcrash bug 1149287 is ** 31% of our crashes** - see below
- 38.0.1 nominally shipped 2015-06-12
- 38.1.0 shipped 2015-07-10
- 31.8.0 shipped 2015-07-17
- 40.0beta shipped 2015-07-27 (skipping 39.0b)
- 38.2.0 shipped 2015-08-14
- 41.0b1 2015-09-08 build2. missed ~2015-08-10
- 41.0b2 (with uplifts for 38.3.0)
- 38.3.0 ~2015-09-25 (throttled on 2015-10-06)
- 42.0b2 2015-10-13 (42.0b1 abandoned)
- 42.0b3? ~2015-09-23
- 38.4.0 ~2015-11-05
- STRING FREEZE for version 45 in 6 weeks
- 4.0.4 - bug 1215969
Jorg K (absent)
- bug 1174452 - M-C editor problem, copy/paste - "white-space: pre;" - patch preposed in bug 1214377 - awaiting review.
- bug 586587 - M-C drag and drop onto editor window - awaiting review.
- C-C: Three bugs awaiting landing, incl. recently fixed bug 117236 - Export address book as UTF-8 or system charset.
- bug 769604 - C-C font size toolbar button and change increase/decrease size function - awaiting review from Neil.
- Discussion of Toronto meeting
Our common project is to consolidate and support TB Development and help TB become as autonomous as possible long term. TB Council has provided the p≡p Foundation with a list of critical needs to which p≡p is committed to provide financial and logistical support along with Mozilla Foundation. Since our meeting in Toronto, p≡p Foundation has already hired a C++ resource to address TB’s Component Maintenance issues and we are in the final stages of hiring a Continuous Integrations Engineer for TB. Furthermore, p≡p- via DigitalCourage - will help Thunderbird set-up the web-based donation system needed for further financial stability of TB in addition to the p≡p support.
- Discussion of Software Freedom Law Center
- Still working on the Box.com issue: bug 1045845
- Got a review (r-) from mconley.
- Put up a new version of the patch and waiting for review.
- Was in Toronto w/ rkent/wswmk
- new account provisioner: Are there currently any providers other than Gandi? Would it be worth trying to find some more?
- website moves to bedrock complete, or almost.
- PLEASE PUT THE NEXT MEETING IN YOUR (LIGHTNING) CALENDAR
- Note - meeting notes must be copied from etherpad to wiki before 5AM CET next day so that they will go public in the meeting notes blog.
- Support lead
- * Still need help rewriting SUMO help articles on Lightning
- Accessibility lead
- beta and aurora release bug tenders for managing what's needed so releases can be built on schedule
- persons comfortable (not necessarily technical experts) with Core type issues. Example graphics to guide bug 1195947 Thunderbird hardware acceleration (HWA) issues to be resolved
- Revise lightning articles on SUMO: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/search/advanced?q=lightning&language=en-US&category=10&category=20&product=thunderbird&sortby_documents=relevance&a=1&w=1 - to query articles that needs change: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/kb-overview?product=thunderbird