- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 18.104.22.168 + Fx 22.214.171.124
- Critical TB bug will require us to release both FF and TB 126.96.36.199, along with the scheduled FF 188.8.131.52.
- Code Freeze pushed out a week to this Friday 12/1, still have quite a few blockers that need patches.
- Tentative release date still Thursday 12/14, but we're prepared to slip that out a few days into the following week (depending on whether or not we will need more than a couple of respins).
- Pushed out a lot of 184.108.40.206 blocker noms to 220.127.116.11 (including all Vista bugs), but have taken most of the 18.104.22.168 blockers + some non-blockers.
- Need to ping developers to get their patches together and approved ASAP, as this Friday's code freeze is firm (if we hope to release before Christmas holidays).
- Still waiting final word on when we want to push 1.5.0.x -> 2.0.0.x major updates.
- Bon Echo (Firefox 2.0) weekly status meetings have come to an end. The project is now in stability and security maintenance mode and is now being driven towards a 22.214.171.124 release.
- L10n Freeze and Beta 1 Code Freeze is next week (December 4th). Localizers have been informed in the l10n newsgroup.
- Investigating European colo options (Justin is remote this week)
- Bugzilla upgrade testing (more to come in next month)
- Mozilla Europe content staging (with webtools team)
- Release Testing
- 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 triage and early testing
- Two distros tested and released last week
- Test Development
- started to clean up web page grabber for check in. This is a tool for grabbing interesting web pages for use in testing. It is used for the new Tp page load performance test tool.
- Bug test day on Tues Nov 21st
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Kicking off work on updating Start Page for both layout and conntent updates
- Working to get 3-4 Firefox Flicks on TV as a test. On-air target is early December. More details here: http://www.firefoxflicks.com/backstage/
- Nothing to report this week.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Policy discussions
- Follow-up on discussions during summit, most of which are explained on Justin Scott's blog.
- Hope to do load testing this week, when Lars gets better
- Work continues on l10n, ACLs, services, ratings/reviews.
- Bouncer2 is staged, working with build on getting it ready to go for 184.108.40.206.
- Will write quick LDAP patch.
- Work on the next version started during summit.
- mozilla-europe is staged on US servers
Frank is on vacation today and won't be on the call.