- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 8600 (US/International) <-- NOTE new extension number
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 8600 (Canada) <-- NOTE new extension number
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- http://air.mozilla.com/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
TIME CHANGE NOTICE: Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends this Sunday. New meeting time next week will be 21:00 UTC.
WeeklyUpdate Live: You can watch the weekly meetings live at Air Mozilla You can also view previous meetings from the "on-demand" button on the Air Mozilla player. Meetings will be posted for on-demand consumption shortly after the meeting conclusion.
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Roundtable
- 5 Other Business
Please send FotT nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity for the community to recognize those who go above and beyond, so please tell me when you see that happening. Thanks.
Branch work: Firefox 188.8.131.52 / 3.0.4 / Thunderbird 184.108.40.206
- Firefox 220.127.116.11 / 3.0.4 mostly froze over the weekend.
- Need to take one or two more patches
- Slipping hand off to build by a day or two (aiming for one day)
- Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 proposed schedule on the wiki. Highly dependent on Firefox 22.214.171.124.
- Also, a proposed schedule for Firefox 126.96.36.199 and 3.0.5 (before the end of the year) is being worked on.
- Hot item for Beta 2: Turning on Tracemonkey. Remaining Items:
- Other items remaining for final:
- Still working through remaining issues for Downloadable Fonts.
- Several crash bugs remaining on the blocker list
- Most other blocking issues are regressions and nasty one off bug fixes.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 85 1.9.1 blockers.
- 100k users on beta 1 (last week was underreported)
- lots of on positive press for performance
- accounting for small percentage of support incidents
- work underway for beta 2
- fsync work has yet to land, hopefully will happen soon (still ironing out perf regression costs)
- private browsing mode is "so close", should see it soon
- additional bookmarking features and finish up on <video> coming
- string freeze is Thursday, October 30th at 11:59pm PDT
- code freeze is Tuesday, November 4th at 11:59pm PST
- 3.0b1 work continues...
- MDC (developer.mozilla.org) was moved completely behind SSL
Firefox 2.0.0.x, 3.0.x [ss, abillings]
- Created test plans for 3.0.4 and 188.8.131.52
- Verifying bug fixes for these releases
- Updated top crashes for 3.0.3
- Feature Testing
- Worker Threads: Contacted email@example.com. Updating the test plan. Passing mochi tests. Needs mozmill tests. [adam]
- HTML 5 Drag and Drop: Completed 50% of the test cases [jmaher]
- Media Queries: Completed 50% of the test cases [jmaher]
- Drag and Drop tabs: Strong progress on the test plan. Completed 12 tests. [juanb]
- Offline Mode: Strong progress on the test plan. Completed 10 tests. [juanb]
- Overall: test planning is 78% done, 593 test cases planned. Test cases are 35% complete.
- Filed another 11 Leak Bugs last week from the Top Site Run (Global 500), apparently regressions on 1.9.1 [tomcat]
- Worked with Andreas Gal, Brendan, and David Anderson trying to figure out the last remaining (known) JIT crash blocker [stephend]
- Ad-hoc user testing on post-Alpha 1 Fennec builds [abillings]
- Getting Sisysphus working on Fennec [bc, jmaher]
- Updated mobile test plan for M10
- Got full fennec support for global500 and leaktests running on Fennec-linux. [jmaher]
WebDev Testing [stephend]
- Community Store: Wrote a test plan and sent it around for feedback/approval.
- Verified bugs for AMO and SUMO
- Working on the modal dialog problems people have been running into in Mozmill. [adam]
- Led a QA track for in the Mozilla EU Camp in Barcelona, Spain Oct 325-26. Presentations included: Memory Leak testing, General QA activities, L10n QA activities, etc. [marcia, ctalbert, tomcat, martijn]
- QMO2: Major bugs have been resolved. IT is preparing to launch site this week to replace old QMO. We're going from alpha to beta with this latest release... [jay]
- Added QMO Content about Bugzilla Queries [juanb]
- Metrics document in review
- Security bug backlog reduction
- Security bug reporting and dashboard
- Moz Camp, Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 25 - 26 - Huge success. See Jane's blog.
- Internet CEE Conference, Warsaw, Poland Oct 28: Seth Bindernagel will hold a session on the Importance of Localization in Open Source
U.S. and more:
- MexicoWeb 2.0, Cancun, Mexico, Nov. 3 - 4: Chofmann and John Resig attending with Mozilla Mexico community
- Nonprofit Software Development Summit, Nov. 17 - 19, Oakland, CA: Please check it out if you are local!
- Green Festival, San Francisco, Nov. 14 - 16: Mozilla will have passes for 200 people. Please sign up to help!
- Mashup Camp, Mountain View, Nov. 17 - 19: Dave Camp is participating in a session on persistence.
- FOSSCamp, Mountain View, Dec. 5 - 6: Organized by Ubuntu folks. Please check it out if you are local!
Q3 Survey Results
- More than 30K responses from people in more than 30 countries
- 89% Customer Satisfaction rating
- Will release the next version of the survey, with some changes, in late November/early December
- Complete post at http://livetolaugh85.blogspot.com/search/label/mozilla
- Initial submission deadline was last Friday (10/24). We received 60+ submissions on that day alone.
- The marketing team will soon be selecting and contacting the finalists.
Community Store - Coming Soon!
- Blizzard @ NSF/tools event
- Documentation work for Firefox 3.1 continues with this past week spent mostly on further updates to the audio and video element documentation, as well as some work on Storage API changes.
- MDC was updated to Deki 8.08.1 last week. There is a regression that broke the RSS feeds; MindTouch is fixing this and we should be pulling an update within the next couple of days.
- Deb is away from Oct 31 - Nov 18. Chris Blizzard will be taking over about:mozilla newsletter duties during that time.
- Add-ons update plan is in progress, lots of stuff done over the last week including the add-ons blog from Morgamic + others. Rey will be posting an update every week in the lead up to FF 3.1.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Webdev meeting notes from 10-21 -- we will be posting these weekly moving forward
- Lars Lohn starts today full-time. Lars has been contracting with us for 3 years, and will continue his work on Socorro. He will also be wielding his Python skills to improve Sentry and Verbatim.
- Ryan and Alex are kicking off efforts on the Community Store with Tara and John -- read the project wiki page or see a workflow diagram
- SUMO 0.7.1 now in production.
- Austin wrote a post discussing the latest changes to Socorro (see the updated status page and list view
- Lars and Aravind are working on testing the filesystem changes -- currently priority job scans take 5-15 minutes, the filesystem changes will get us back to 30s-1m. Will post an update later this week with testing results.
- Les Orchard provided an updated version of his lizardfeeder that is worth taking a look at -- we'll release this in production once we find a home for it
- Meeting notes from last week
- Brian King gave a presentation at EU MozCamp that was well received
- We are wrapping up and QA-ing the first iteration of bandwagon
- AMO 4.0.3 starts today, code freeze is Nov. 10th
- Kicked off 3.1 compatibility push last week -- see 3.1b1 stats
- Staging AMO support for Fennec -- want to get this live Tuesday night with other API updates
- Set up add-ons blog and imported add-ons content from Basil's blog; adding to planet, kicking off this week
- The evening before FSOSS 2008 we hosted a "friends of Mozilla" reception in the Toronto office for about forty open source project leaders and academics.
- Mark participated in the Mozilla 2010 goals session at MozCamp Europe; notes are under each of the five headings of the goals section of the 2010 goals wiki page.
- Mark and David blogged about moving our part of the 2010 goals discussion ahead; we invite and welcome contributions from others.
- Zak created a draft wiki page for the Mozilla 2010 goals conversation.
Public communications and community outreach
- Powered by Mozilla
- David did a blog post on the over 150 applications built using Mozilla technologies.
- We have a Mozilla Foundation staff retreat planned for late October (October 28-30, Mountain View).
- Zak will deliver the opening keynote for the AFUP (French PHP User Group) Forum PHP conference (December 8, Paris)
- Layout team introductions for AirMozilla video