Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls"></video>
Dave Townsend has been working hard in his spare time to port Fennec to the Palm Pre. He is going to Palm Developer Day on Saturday and has worked with some of the Palm guys to get it working. Also, Dolske created a version of Weave that will work with this version. It's mostly functional, with just a few kinks to be worked out in page zoom and gestures. Extra credit FTW.
Monday, 26 April
Tuesday, 27 April
Wednesday, 28 April
Thursday, 29 April
- Buildbot community planning meeting in 650 Castro.
Friday, 30 April
- Testday on the Addons Manager Re-Write! Hop on over to #testday via irc.mozilla.org to join us!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|What is the MDN?||Jay Patel||Overview of our plans for the Mozilla Developer Network||.pdf of slides||More info: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
Are you running the Firefox 3.6.4 beta yet? That's great - you're awesome!
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- Code complete for Firefox 3.5.10 will be EOD 4/26. Builds to follow by end of week.
- Code complete for Firefo 3.6.4 build 2 will be noon, 4/27. Builds to follow immediately thereafter.
- New schedule for both releases to be discussed today and communicated out on the website.
- Mountain View Office Internet Connectivity issues
- SJC Zeus cluster & "Out of socket buffers" - FIXED!
- Will be planning on moving more sites off the Netscaler
- work week in Toronto last week
- bunch of process improvements to reduce bandwidth usage: bug 555794
- continuing to monitor bandwidth, will hopefully be able to stop metering check-ins today
- you can now see the current try server queue: bug 414081
- QA Highlites
- Rebecca Billings will start in WebQA on May 10
- Tanay Gavankar, WebQA start May 17
- Ayan Shah, Browser Technologies, start May 10
- Desktop Firefox QA
- Monitoring 3.6.4 beta for crashiness compared to 3.6.3 and 3.6.5pre
- Prepare for 3.6.4 beta minor update release
- Prepare for testing 5.10.19 release next week
- Mobile QA
- Test planning for 2.0
- Browser Technologies QA (weave, test pilot, jetpack)
- Weave testday was successful, see community bullet point
- Preparing for 1.3 client and load testing
- Test pilot 1.0a testing sign off
- Jetpack 0.3 rampup, new intern to assist with testing starting May 10th
- Web QA
- Finish testing and certify SUMO 1.5.4/2.0 - Kitsune search
- QA Services
Automation & Tools
- Got our Results server up and reporting
- Have end to end (test written, test run, results reported) automated testing of Weave using CrossWeave automation.
- Experimenting with integrating both Reviewboard and Splinter into a jetpack to make reviewing easier in bugzilla. (A preview is coming soon!)
- More information here
- Firefox 3.6.4 Lorentz Hits Beta - Out-of-Process is Here!
- Flash isolation technology hits Firefox 3.6.4 beta
- Firefox 3.6.4 Fixes Many Bugs in Lorentz Beta
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- LinuxTag 2010 June 9-12, 2010; funding from Mozilla Europe is secured; Mozilla staff and community will manage a 12m2 booth at Europe's largest Linux tech fair; Tristan Nitot, Paul Rouget and Brian King all confirmed to give keynote talks; Carsten Book and WQ leading community outreach and organization
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. no Mozilla talks schedules.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- London Add-ons Challenge (name TBC): Exploring two consumer-focused events in SF & London. Reworking [http://docs.google.com
- Community Marketing Call: Next call is Wednesday April 28th at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to sarah at mozilla dot com.
- Labs overview w. Pascal Finette: Join us immediately overview of Labs. Including:
- An update on some new projects including Account Manager
- How to get involved
- Why Users Don't Upgrade
- Part IV of our series highlighted a significant new finding
- Test Pilot Analysis
- Menu item usage study -- 80-20 rule?
- Webdev on-site this week see calendar
- Added four new locales to the Mozilla build process: gd, ilo, ast, mai
- Blogged about our new webtool, Pontoon
- Posted an l20n File Format discussion on our a new Google Group
Introducing New Hires
- Matthew Claypotch, Webdev