- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Thank you to Lyre Calliope, Jan Bambach, Jessilyn Davis, Brian King, and William Quiviger for being Community Building Superstars. You all are assets to the project, and we appreciate your dedication and motivation.
Thank you from the CBT to Sean Rich, Sheeri Cabral and Anurag Phadke for their contribution metrics help
Thank you to Ally Gibely for connecting Payam to people team contribution opportunities and stepping up to be the People team's Steward
you all rock!
Thanks to Shu-yu Guo for diagnosing the build system issue responsible for numerous orange builds on trunk recently, each requiring tree closure and a CLOBBER to fix. The entire JS team agrees he's a shoe-in for Friend of the Tree this week!
Mozilla will be participating in Mobile Asia Expo 2014, held in Shanghai June 11-13. Mobile Asia Expo is also organized by the GSMA and is the sister event to Mobile World Congress.
At this event, Mozilla will have a booth with a similar look and feel to what we had at MWC, with demos, meeting spaces, press activities and partner collaboration. Stay tuned for more updates from our team in Asia.
Monday, 09 June
- 1:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 UTC: Brownbag: UI Synchronicity
- Eli Perelman presenting from B2G Vidyo, on Air Mozilla (public).
- Fast applications matter, and sometimes achieving speed is more about perception than it is about optimizing code. Eli Perelman will discuss a few UX patterns involved with perceived performance and when to apply them to relevant situations.
Tuesday, 10 June
- Mozillians Town Hall - 2014 Goals - Enable Communities that have Impact : https://air.mozilla.org/town-hall-2014-goals-enable-communities-that-have-impact/
Wednesday, 11 June
Thursday, 12 June
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- 11:00 AM Pacific / 18:00 UTC: Brownbag: Virtual Reality & The Future of the Web
- Josh Carpenter & Vlad Vukicevic presenting from SF and TO, on Air Mozilla (public).
- What is VR? Why is it special? How do we adapt the web to this new medium? What is our technical roadmap, and how can you start developing today?
- Devoxx - London, UK
- Lead by top developer talent, Devoxx UK will bring top presentations, BOFs, hands-on labs and parties delivered by industry veterans, mavericks and rising stars, both UK and Internationally based. Expect Rock Star speakers, Community leaders, authors, JSR leads and more.
- Mozillian Frédéric Harper presenting: "Responsive Web Design: Get the Best of Your Design"
- 5PM UTC / 1PM EST / 10 AM PST - Security Open Mic
- An open meeting to chat anything security related with the Mozilla Security team.
- Vidyo: SecReview Room // Dial-in Info (phone): - US/INTL: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 then extension 92 - Toronto: 416-848-3114 then extension 92 - Toll-free: 800-707-2533 then password 369 - Conference num 95294
Friday, 13 June
Saturday, 14 June
- Open Help Conference & Sprints 2014 in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
- Open Help brings together leaders in open source documentation and support, as well as people from across the technical communications industry who are interested in community-based help.
- Mozillian Eric "sheppy" Shepherd presenting: "Help People So They Can Help You"
Sunday, 15 June
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- Release week!
- Desktop team is now running completely off a 2-week iteration cycle
- Process discussions in firefox-dev
- Every 3 iterations (6 weeks) there's a demo day
- Content translation
- In-content prefs
- Search in new tab
- Better find in page
- and more!
- 70 minutes long!!
- Pretty rough first run!!
- Contact your local member of desktop to learn more!!!
Speaker Location: mfinkle
- Posted about some of the feedback-driven work we've been doing
- Help menu
- Managing Home panels
- Managing Search engines
- Improved Top Sites
- Clearing history
- Undoing closed tabs
- Posted about the recent video casting support for Roku
Speaker Location: non verbal
Planned release notes are here: https://blog.webmaker.org/schoolhouse-rock-highlights
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 10, at 10:00 AM PDT (17:00 UTC), we’ll be having a Town Hall to discuss the goal to increase the number of active contributors at Mozilla by 10x this year.
Please submit any questions that you’d like to have answered.
Speaker Location: mjeffries, San Francisco
New Phonebook Awesomeness! (Integration of LDAP and WorkDay)
IT has been working with the HR team to make our staff phonebook more useable -- by syncing several fields with Workday (our HR system of record). Linking the two systems means the org chart in the phonebook is the same as it is in Workday, updated real-time.
The three fields that will be linked in phase one are:
- Your manager
- MozLocation (new field) : this is a new field that will use office names or designate you as a remote employee with province, state or country.
- Team (new field): name of the team you belong to.
You will still be able to update the following info on your individual phonebook entry:
- Indicate what projects you are working on
- Update your photo (hint: add one if you don't have one!)
- Update your office city and office country
- All contact information
This change will go into effect on Friday, June 13th. We will follow- up on Monday, Jun 16th to make sure everything went okay.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Diane Tate||Program Manager||Ways to get Flame developer devices||Mozilla San Francisco||just vox||n/a||https://hacks.mozilla.org/2014/05/build-your-next-app-with-a-flame/ + http://www.everbuying.com/product549652.html|
|Greg Jost||Engagement||World Cup campaign||Mozilla San Francisco||No||No||Email update coming soon|
|Pierros Papadeas||Community Builder||Community Building in Mozilla Location Services||Mozilla London||No||No||http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?p=377|
|Chris Riley||Sr. Policy Engineer||Cybersecurity Delphi and Reset the Net||San Francisco||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2014/06/05/ensuring-a-more-secure-internet-reset-the-net-and-the-cyber-security-delphi/|
|Amy Tsay||Community Manager, AMO & Marketplace||Demo of QuickMark, 1st place winner, Bookmark category, Add-ons for Australis contest||MV||Yes||https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/quickmark|
|Kristin Baird||Director of Integrated Marketing||MozCamps 2014 Weekly Update||SF||No||No||Blog: https://blog.mozilla.org/community/2014/06/06/mozcamp-beta-india-weekly-update-06-june/ Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014|
|Richard Milewski||Producer, Air Mozilla||Reversing the Flow||MV||No||No||https://air.mozilla.org|
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Michael Aukland||Angela King||Mountain View||Mountain View||HRBP|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Kamyar Ardekani||Ilana Segall||San Francisco||San Francisco||User Research Quant - Adaptive Interfaces|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- Bugzilla now tracks what bugs you've viewed, and "My Dashboard" can show you bugs updated since the last time you viewed it
- Comment tags are now visible in user activity reports