- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Many, many thanks to Twitter users @FirefoxScout, @ingolf_he, @t4templates, @KatSuricata, @sharathcgeorge, & @trishulgoel for answering questions about add-ons in FF Quantum and helping users find alternative add-ons.
- Thanks to Tech Speakers Jan-Erik, who presented on WASM and Rust in Budapest, and Nikita, who presented at the Rust meetup in Moscow.
Monday, 27 November
Starting at noon PST on the Firefox Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Firefox/
- Firefox is going to stream 570 minutes of live, interactive content on Facebook as a stunt “Downloadathon” from Open Signal, Portland’s public access station.
- We'll have special guest cameos (the cat rapper and the unipiper to name a few) to celebrate download milestones, and audience interaction through live comments and a burner phone we'll give the number out to that will direct how parts of the stream goes.
- The 570 minutes will be split up into 9 segments that are approximately 63 minutes long. The show will also be aired to Portland public access’ 400,000 TV viewers and potentially across other public access stations.
- Tune in to Firefoxs Facebook page to watch: https://www.facebook.com/Firefox/
Tuesday, 28 November
- WebExtensions APIs Triage Meeting
- 18:30 UTC / 10:30am PST; ACE Vidyo Room
Wednesday, 29 November
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Nürnberg (Germany),
Virtual EU (UTC+1),
San Francisco (@MozSF commons hosted by Tantek)
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the event wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
and check out the Slack or IRC: https://indieweb.org/discuss
- Nürnberg (Germany),
Thursday, 30 November
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup Thursday exception for:
- Berlin (Germany)
- 18:30 - 19:00 (UTC+1) Warm-up
- 19:00 - 21:00 (UTC+1) IndieWeb Show-and-tell
- Venue and more details on the event wiki page
Friday, 01 December
- Speaker Series: The Power of Virtual Reality and Storytelling with Nonny de la Peña
- Time: 12:30pm PT / 3:30pm ET
- Host: Jofish Kaye
- Location: Mozilla San Francisco + Air Mozilla
- As the world becomes increasingly global and our online and offline lives increasingly integrated, it’s critical to convey stories that create empathy and preserve our humanity. Inspired by World War II investigative journalist Martha Gellhorn’s desire to present an authentic, “on the ground” view of world events, Nonny de la Peña founded Emblematic Group ten years ago to develop socially impactful virtual reality content with an emphasis on linear storytelling. The poignant social topics she’s addressed include hunger, incarceration, sexuality and immigration (partial list). We’ll hear how Nonny is doing this, and what opportunities this technology offers to tell better stories. More details.
Saturday, 02 December
Sunday, 03 December
- Tuesday, 5 December 2017
- Speaker Series: When an Online Community Hits the Big Time, with Col Needham
- Time: 10am PT / 1pm ET / 5pm UT / 6pm BST
- Host: Soledad Penadés
- Location: Mozilla London + Air Mozilla
- Col Needham loves movies. In 1990 he published a series of scripts to search a lists of credits collected by a USENET group. Moonlighting while working for Hewlett-Packard during the day, Needham assembled a community from around the world to build what grew into one the most popular movie sites, IMDb. In 1998, Amazon purchased IMDb and the site now attracts over 250M unique visitors each month on the web and its mobile app. Col will share how he built up a part-time hobby with several unknown volunteers around the world into being one of the foremost expert movie sites. He will also talk about how working on a community site in 1990 was different from how IMDb operates today, and will share lessons for those of us working with global communities to build consumer products today.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Lizz Noonan||Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager||D&I Dish: Outreachy Round 15||Mah House in Oakland||No||No||https://www.outreachy.org/|
|Alicia Gray||Manager, Trust & Privacy||EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)||MTV||no||None||email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|Jason Weathersby||Head of Developer Relations||Emerging Technologies Weekly Headlines||Home||no||n/a||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates/EmergingTechnology#November_27th.2C_2017|
|Mike Hoye||The Community & Communications standup meetings and Engineering Onboarding||Mozilla Toronto||No.||-||-|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||no||na||2017-11-26|
|Emma Humphries||Bugmaster||Bugzilla Office Hours||MTV||No||N/A||Office Hours|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Wayne Thayer||Kathleen Wilson||https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KIA18snLqx77_tYQv2F4POHpj9tgTd_y/view||Arizona||CA Program Manager|
|Katie Wright||Jamie Perry||Mozilla SF||Director of Marketing, Pocket|
|Na Bee Yang||Jamie Perry||Mozilla SF||Senior Accountant, Pocket|
|Karem Fontecilla||Erin Lancaster||Karem will be in Mozilla Toronto. Erin will be introducing her remotely.||Canadian Broadcasting System||Firefox Engineering Program Manager, Lockbox|
|Anselm Hook||Lars Bergstrom||Anselm will be in Mozilla SF, Lars will be introducing him remotely.||San Francisco||AR/CV Research Engineer, Mixed Reality|
|Connor Sheehan||Chris Cooper||Toronto||Toronto||Version Control System (hg.m.o) operations|
|Meridel Walkington||Michelle Heubusch||Chicago||Chicago||Firefox UX Content Strategist|